www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:14 pm 
Admin

Well it looks like Tuesday will be like Christmas as Im getting a large order from AngelFluff Diaper Company, compliments from the local VA Hospital. :D :D
I had turned in the order form to the VA sometime in May and just got a tracking number for the box.
It takes a while to make all the diapers and inserts that I ordered, thats why it takes a while to receive them.

I have been ordering from them for many years now, even before I got it worked out with the VA.
They have always had great products. http://www.angelfluff.com

I had ordered 24 gauze pre-fold diapers and 18 inserts, along with some plastic pants and some PUL pants.
Total weight on the tracking website states that it is 30 pounds! :shock:

Now I can get rid of the old ones hehe.
Anyone near Indiana that wants some old gauze diapers, I got a great deal for you hehehe

Schoppy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:09 pm 

Schoppy,

I could not be happier to read that your AngelFluff order is on its way, courtesy of the VA. As for all those ratty diapers this order will replace, I use mine for shoe polishing, car waxing and polishing, dusts cloths, window washing, cleaning computer screens, among other uses. Good luck and enjoy!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:17 am 

Schoppy, The prices of Angel Fluff diapers are a lot higher than ACD. You said you have been using them for a long time so obviously you are pleased with them. Why are they more expensive? Can you give us a comparison of Angel Fluff diapers over ACD diapers? Papa

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 12:45 pm 
Admin

I have never tried ACD so I can't tell you the difference.
With the VA picking up the tab for them I just have not tried the ACD diapers.
It would be interesting to know if there is a quality difference between the 2 companies.

Schoppy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:41 pm 

What is ACD?

Marcus Aurelius

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:55 pm 

Hi,
ACD stands for http://www.adultclothdiaper.com/

Having said that, I do have an other question. Has anyone of you in America ordered material from babykins? Can you tell me how long it took to get it delivered? Do you need to pay import taxes? I'm asking g this as I will be in the US soon and would like to order some diapers/covers at babykins.

Thanks in advance for the feedback.
Regards,
Bob

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:00 am 

It has been some time since I ordered from babykins but when I did they were prompt and their products were good. Make sure you know what you want and read the specs carefully. Cloth diapers are pretty basic and have been for a hundred years, but, today some makers of cloth diapers are not making them from 100% pure cotton. Micro fiber is not cotton and should be avoided in my opinion. Stick with 100% cotton and you will be happier. Papa

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:43 pm 

Bob,

Everyone has an "opinion", about something,...... and I have opinion, or two about babykins. before I begin, let me start off by addressing your question about the delivery time from babykins (a Canadian company) to an address in the USA. Delivery time from babykins is about 10 days, and there is NO duty, or customs tax when buying from this company. If I recall correctly, the reason there is no import tax is because they list the type of item(s) purchased as medical, or maybe it is clothes they list but whatever it is that they list on the customs form is tax exempt so you do NOT pay any tax.

In my opinion, babykins, and fetware sell the best vinyl pants on the market. I KNOW everyone has there favorites, and Leakmaster, and Gary Wear vinyl pants are very popular, but I favor the babykins, and fetware pants because of the fit, and the elastic they use in the legs, and waist. I can't explain it, but the elastic used in the vinyl pants sold by these two companies seem to be less binding. I have Leakmaster, (sold by ACD), and Gary vinyl pants are sold by just about ever vendor of re-usable incontinence products, but again,...I just don't like how the elastic touches the skin compared to babykins, and fetware pants.

I highly recommend you buy one pair of "lowrider" vinyl pants from babykins. Don't let the name "lowrider" fool you. The pants are NOT some type of low rider pant that the name might imply to some. I favor this vinyl pant over ANY vinyl pant on the market because of it's fit. Unlike many vinyl pants on the market these vinyl pants do NOT have a lot of fluff to them. All I can say is buy a pair of these pants and you will see what I mean about the way these pants fit compared others. Again,...don't let the name fool you.

Opinions, are like you know what, and everyone has one, but I do NOT recommend buying any type of cloth, flannel, or otherwise from babykins. You can buy much better "cloth" diapers from just about any other vendor. I have nothing but praise for any of the vinyl pants, onesie's, or even their All-In-One diaper, but to me, their cloth diapers are junk,...that's just my opinion. My preference for cloth diapers is fetware, and ACD. There are several companies that sell "quality" cloth diapers and over the years I have purchased from several, but babykins is not on "my" list of companies that I would buying cloth diapers from. I really can't comment about any of the other products babykins sells. I have only purchased those four items and was very pleased with three out of the four items,...(I think their cloth diapers are junk, but if you buy some and have the same thoughts,....I sold mine on eBay).

About a year ago, I was talking to the owner of fetware, and he (Mike), told me that he buys his vinyl pants, and other products from the SAME supplier as babykins. He went on to tell me that the only difference between the pants that he sells, and the pants that babykins sells is that he alters the fit to several of pants that he sells so they are not exactly the same as babykins. When mike said "alter", I think he meant that some of his pants have less "fluff" compared to babykins. Sizing is the same, but the fit might be a tad different for what appears to be the exact same pant sold by two different companies. Also,....if you buy 10, or more vinyl pants at one time, fetware will make a custom pant to your spec's (measurements) at no extra charge. I did this for a few years until I stumbled upon the lowrider pant from babykins. For a few years, I only bought vinyl pants once a year because I wanted a vinyl pant that didn't have all the extra fluff to it so I had the pants made to order without all the extra fluff.

One thing I can tell you, and I'm sure everyone with cloth diaper buying experience will agree,......there is no such thing as an inexpensive "quality" cloth diaper. I like cotton birdseye pre-fold with extra layers of terry cloth in the center. 4/8/4 is very common among quality cloth diapers. 4 layers of cotton on each side of the diaper with a 8 layer center,...thus the spec's 4/8/4. Both, ACD, and fetware sell a heavier cloth diaper version known as the "night weight, or night time" cloth diaper. Its been a while, but I seem to recall Angelfluff also selling this same type of diaper. I maybe wrong, but I "think" just about every vendor that sells "quality" cloth diapers sells them with either gauze, or birdseye cotton.

Hope this helps.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:07 pm 

Hi Johnstone,
I want to thank you for the very extensive reply on my question. I'm too leaning more and more to babykins and driwear. I have to agree with your comments. As I said i will be visiting the United States soon and that gives me the opportunity to buy material over there. Thanks again for your reply, really very nice of you. Cheers,
Bob

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:18 pm 

@JohmStone: Thank you for that detailed reply! I certainly learned a lot, so again thank you! :)

Marcus Aurelius