www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:40 am 

As I change over to all-cloth diapers at night a new issue has come up.

As I am double incontinent, I have found it effective to apply a barrier of 40% zinc oxide to prevent rashes. This works great, but is very messy. :(

To keep the zinc oxide cream from rubbing off onto the fibers of the cloth diaper, I would like to find adult-size diaper liners. So far I have found only one source - Kins in Canada. Does anyone know of other sources?

As I am using the liner for the reasons stated rather than containing feces, would baby-sized liners work?

I'm hoping some of you guys and gals can help me out here.

--John

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:29 pm 

Most baby disposal diaper liners are made if rice paper. Perhaps just look for rice paper, and cut to size.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:59 am 

Interesting suggestion MSUSpartan!

--John

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:09 pm 

John, I don't know if you're just talking about paper thin liners or the liners that are stand-alone pads, not boosters, but Abena's Abrisan line has a whole range of sizes for the pads. Perhaps they're too expensive for your purpose though.

They do not have adhesive. Nobody's liner pads have adhesive except North Shore house brand, and as I tried to tell NorthShoreAdam on the forum here a while back, I found their "large" too narrow but their "extra large" too large. (no medium or small exists.) But I was using them for actual leaks, not your purpose.

Anyway, I hope this helps somewhat.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:46 pm 

Zenute,

The liners I am talking about are almost paper thin. That keeps them very inexpensive. The ones from BabyKins come on a roll.

--John

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:12 am 

John,

I have to wear boosters, the extra large is to big, and of course the next size is to small. I made a tip let, and cut my own. What I'm tiring to say if you can get a roll of this rice paper, you can make your own that will actually fit you right.

Mike

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:02 am 

I too am double incon, and found toddler cloth diapers to be very effective, and certain types of adult disposable liners also work well. After a while, I gave up both and just used the night weight cloth diaper and didn't worry about using any creams. I know this is not the best care for the cloth diapers, but I strip the diapers when needed and as long as I get 4, or 5 years use out of the diapers I'm happy.

The toddler cloth diapers are perfect for what your asking about. Try it and see for yourself.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:30 pm 

My thanks to all for your suggestions. :D

Mlhr, any idea where you buy a roll of rice paper?

Johnstone, I was looking at the Adult Cloth Diaper Company inserts and saw the toddler cloth diapers being offered for use as inserts. Now I see what you are talking about. As long as I can keep the zinc oxide cream off of the large diapers, getting it on the inserts will not much matter.

I expect to have to strip the diapers periodically. I am not sure how easy or difficult it will be to get the zinc oxide cream out as I have not tried doing that.

--John

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:30 pm 

John,

I will do some digging and see if I can find it by the roll.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:32 pm 

I finally have changed over to all cloth at night. :)

As I have not been able to find adult-size diaper liners, I am using cloth boosters so they should keep most of the zinc oxide barrier cream, etc. from getting on the cloth diaper itself. Thankfully, fecal episodes at night are rare.

I figure that I can re-wash the boosters if necessary and, if they get too stained, even replace them more easily than the diapers themselves.

--John