www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: diapers in Japan
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:00 pm 

hi everyone,

in march I´m staying in japan 10 days. As since i became incontinent i travelled just europe (france, italy, netherlands) i just wore my spanish tena slip super for those days, but...to Japan 10 days means at least 40 diapers and requires a lot of space i the baggage. I heard that in japan they have very good diapers (in fact, I knew it was the only country that made models parade just to show diapers (I was shocked but so happy that somewhere they did something like that). so, I´ d like to know if someone of you have been there and bought diapers and tell me if they where of good quality and easy to find? the first week I´ll be in kyoto and osaka and the remaining 4 days in Tokyo. For your knowledge I have total urine loss for spinal damage and i´d like 1 diaper for all night and if possible anothr one for the rest of the day (or maximum 2).

Thanks for your attention and advices. I wish u merry christmas and happy new year from Valencia, Spain!!!

Post subject: Re: diapers in Japan
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:20 pm 

I was in Japan just last April. Unfortunately they are somewhat like the US in their stores only carry the crappiest diapers possible.

In fact, most of their small drug stores don't even carry diapers at all. I was able to find one actual pharmacy that had some thin cloth like disposables, but that was it.

If you want decent diapers you will have to order them online and deliverwd to your hotel.

Alternatively, just pack your diapers in a dedicated bag. You can declare one free bag for medical supplies. It will need to be checked though, so carry extras in another carry on bag.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:11 pm 

Thanks very much for your advices, both of them. If I´m curious to try the japanese GOOD diapers I didn´t know you could carry an extra bag for medical supplies!! very good thing to know. I´m travelling with airfrancen Valencia-Paris and then Paris-Tokyo. So with my 66% Physical disability I´d not have trouble to carry one tena bag inside a sport bag as extra medical supplie, without adding the weight for extra kilos or extra bags?

And thanks very much, you,ve been very helpful. And did you like Japan? It´s my first time, I´m 36 and it´s my dream since childhood to visit that country, I adore it´s culture and I even speak and write a bit of Nihon-go :wink: . So, did you enjoy your days there? THanks again. Hope we contact again soon.

Best regards from Valencia, 3d city in Spain. Ciao!!

:arrow: Lord Duque

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:26 pm 

oh, and I forgot to tell ya, here in store adult diapers are totally disapointing, but in pharmacy yo can find you Tena, the big spain brand incopack, Lindor (procter & gamble brand, etc.) so, s I understood you were sayin to me, equally as in the US and in Japan, I suppose it´s a global idea that people who buys adult diapers in a store and not in a medical place need the diapers for anything but wetting them which is its final purpose. One of those things impossible to explain (more when you see those cheap store diapers are second marks of Tena and the most sold and quality marks??!!) but that happens everywhere it seems. In France (i worked in Paris) thus it was too. Who knows? But I think business. People like us who need them yes or yes have to pay the same price but for a product cheaper to fabric and ´course worse. But that´s rational, maybe the motiv isn´t rational, actually. :cry:

Ciao!! Enjoy this days (you and everybody in the site, and everybody incontinent I hope)

I´ll be pleased and thankful to hear more opinions, from Brian or from whoever, I´ll be delighted.

In the meantime i keep preparing the travel (and January exams) :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 8:35 am 
Wish I had some advice other than buying online.

I've never been there but the selection they have from that country online is fantastic.

Have a good trip.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 6:32 pm 

I hope I did not imagine this I read somewhere that diapers are popular fashion accessory with Japanese women adult diapers out sell baby diapers.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 7:42 pm 

Yes, as long as the bag ONLY has medical supplies in it, then it should be free and not count towards your other bags. Double check with your airline though, they may need you to do something different for declaring it.

And yes, it was wonderful. My wife and I flew into Osaka and took a ten day long, guided, cherry blossom tour, through many tourist spots, and up to Tokoyo. The Japanese are incredibly polite and clean.

I would recommend you try and learn the basics of their language too. If you can. It took me three months to get down just a few sentences, but even that little went a long way for me.

I too had also heard they were more accepting and open with using diapers too. I did not see this while I was there though (for or against). I did not have time to search online to see what is actually available over there either. Other than the distinct lack of any diapers available in stores.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:27 pm 

Thanks everybody for your concern,

Brian, I´ll check airfrance to see about the medical supplies bag. As you say japanese people are very open with this, for example the diapers parade is quite significant, about the language, since I was 15 I learnt the hiragana and katakana but 2 years ago I bought a very good book and started learning japanese seriously. I speak spanish, french, italian and english and japanese has nothing common with any other language but it´s very interesting, and one of the dificult things is the protocol and politeness. <<<for example, there´s 4 different ways to say "I" depending of your position related to who you are talking to, and if you want to be very polite, polite, normal or rough. So if you don´t know anyone like us the best way is to us the most polite form always! For a good first impression. Oh! and by the way, the diapers market isn´t good just for us incontinent, but for AB/DL, cause as you´ll know they´re quite fetishists and so in shinjuku in the sex stores I heard there is also a lot of offer for them.

Knowing this I´ll think if I bring them from Spain or buy them there, I ain´t sure yet. But happy to talk about Japan! We could do a post just about it! "diapers in Japan" :D or even "Japan" just. Thanks Brian and all the others. Hope having more informating or wHatever related replies. Best regards!!

AND MERRY CHRISTMAS FOR ALL THE SITE USERS!!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:27 pm 

Thanks everybody for your concern,

Brian, I´ll check airfrance to see about the medical supplies bag. As you say japanese people are very open with this, for example the diapers parade is quite significant, about the language, since I was 15 I learnt the hiragana and katakana but 2 years ago I bought a very good book and started learning japanese seriously. I speak spanish, french, italian and english and japanese has nothing common with any other language but it´s very interesting, and one of the dificult things is the protocol and politeness. <<<for example, there´s 4 different ways to say "I" depending of your position related to who you are talking to, and if you want to be very polite, polite, normal or rough. So if you don´t know anyone like us the best way is to us the most polite form always! For a good first impression. Oh! and by the way, the diapers market isn´t good just for us incontinent, but for AB/DL, cause as you´ll know they´re quite fetishists and so in shinjuku in the sex stores I heard there is also a lot of offer for them.

Knowing this I´ll think if I bring them from Spain or buy them there, I ain´t sure yet. But happy to talk about Japan! We could do a post just about it! "diapers in Japan" :D or even "Japan" just. Thanks Brian and all the others. Hope having more informating or wHatever related replies. Best regards!!

AND MERRY CHRISTMAS FOR ALL THE SITE USERS!!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:47 am 

Hi everyone!

I´m finally back from japan, it´s been a wonderful travel. About the diapers business, I wore tena ultima´s there but I finished them soon so I had to buy there finally, and the adult diaper stand was bigger than the baby´s one. I´m including a photo of it. The brand I bought was attend´s and was ok, not so good as the ultima´s, but fine. I thank Brian a lot for his advices, and send my best regards to everyone. I hope to visit Japan again cause it´s been amazing.

Cheers!!

Lord Duque

Attachments:
File comment: Photo of diaper stand in japan pharmacy
IMG_5194.JPG
IMG_5194.JPG [ 1.84 MiB | Viewed 20470 times ]