www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 14  Next
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:01 am 

IF I help one person .. IF my efforts allow just one person to even open their mind to considering an International trip .. I will be so happy.

TO FEEL GOOD DO GOOD.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:25 pm 

Tewi, there aren't enough kudos in the world to acknowledge your (above and beyond) service to the forum! Thank you so much. Best wishes.

Wetters

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:37 am 
Admin

Tewi

I agree with Wetters. I cant thank-you enough for taking your time and to go out of your way to get the photos and information for this forum.
I'm sure that there are people out there that you have helped out.
I myself would have never thought of going to some of the wonderful places that you have been too.
Just the thought of going somewhere and not have spare diapers available scares me. :shock:

Schoppy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:12 pm 

Here in England, there are a few choices:
Boots and Lloyds carry the Tena range
Boots has its own "Staydry" brand, which is the same as Attends
Most mobility shops carry Age UK brand
The selection is better online with sites such as incontinence choice.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:48 pm 

Thanks RC-UK!

Can a shopper rely on Boots and Lloyds having the Tena brand diapers in stock on the shelves or would one have to order from the store and wait for diapers to come from a warehouse?

Could you comment on the quality of the Age UK brand for those of us who are not familiar with it?

--John

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 4:23 am 

For the most part, yes, you can rely on Boots and Lloyds having Tena in stock. The smaller shops will have the pull-ons and pads for the pad and pant systems. If you're looking for proper diapers, you need the bigger shops. Lloyds seems to have the slips in their smaller shops too.

I haven't tried the Age UK brand yet, I usually only have Abena, Tena and ID Slip around the house. I order sample packs once in a great while to see if there is something good out there that I am missing. I'll put them on my "must try" list and post a summary.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:03 am 

Thanks to all that have posted here on buying diapers internationally. My wife and I just returned from Albania and Ukraine. It was a 3 week trip so I really needed to be able to buy diapers while there. In Albania, I found that the newer supermarkets such as Carrfour did carry a range of diapers such as Tena, Seni and other brands.

In Ukraine, I had been able to buy diapers there in a neighborhood supermarket on earlier trips, but it had been two years since we were there. This trip they had both the Seni and Tena, although only in the plus absorbancy. On several of our other trips they had the Seni and Tena Super. Their discount Sam's type stores usually carry the Tena and the Seni diapers. In Kiev you can usually find them in Fozzie's, Billa, Ashan, Novus 23
Attachment:
DSCN5472 Pharmacy Kiev.JPG
DSCN5472 Pharmacy Kiev.JPG [ 1.45 MiB | Viewed 11465 times ]
Attachment:
DSCN5472 Pharmacy Kiev.JPG
DSCN5472 Pharmacy Kiev.JPG [ 1.45 MiB | Viewed 11465 times ]
or Metro stores. This trip I only found the Seni and Tena Super diapers in a pharmacy.

I will upload the photos I took and maybe Schoppy can make sure they come in OK. Just let me know if you all need something different. The first two above are from the pharmacy in Kiev. The others below are from Novus 23 supermarket and the neighborhood supermarket.
Attachment:
20151130_014638.jpg
20151130_014638.jpg [ 1.19 MiB | Viewed 11465 times ]
Attachment:
20151130_014625.jpg
20151130_014625.jpg [ 1.04 MiB | Viewed 11465 times ]

If anyone has questions, please reply here or message me. Hope this is helpful.
Gary

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:39 am 

Gary,

Thank you for your wonderful posting of the information and pictures of diapers available for travelers in Albania and Ukraine! :D This will be very helpful to others planning a trip there. You are helping to make this a unique resource on the Internet.

Even in their models with lower absorbency, Seni and Tena are excellent diapers and the buyer has some idea of what to expect with the diaper. I long have been singing the praises of Seni on this forum (both the Seni Quatro and the Seni Super Plus).

Thanks again Gary!

--John

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:38 am 

JD,
I was very pleased with the Absorbency of both the Seni and the Tena. I have not found the Seni Quatro in the stores there, but what is available is so much better than what we can buy in a grocery store here. I had always found the super version of both diapers in the stores in previous trips. But it's been 2 years since we were there.

I think that with the war going on with Russia their currency has gone from 8 to the dollar to 25 and wages have not gone up. So everything is much more expensive and many cannot afford the more expensive diapers. The Seni Super cost almost $10 US dollars for 10 diapers. The less absorbent versions are about $7 for 10.
Gary

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:45 pm 

This is really great. Thanks for keeping 'the-ball-rolling' on the purchasing of products internationally. IF one of us can do this then we all can do this .. travel out of our comfort zone around the world. We are not alone. I myself will be in India within the next month and will post some info about the easy availability of products there in India. Great. Tewi ..

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 14  Next