www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14  Next
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:58 pm 
Admin

Yay TEWI !!! :mrgreen: Appreciate all the overseas info for the travelers on the site, I am sure it eases the stress levels quite a bit having photos of store fronts, and the text print-out for adult products. I will most likely never travel over that way, but good to know it has posted! :D Puffy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:28 pm 

I have responded to a direct email from Tewi in Mongolia thanking him and telling him that we would appreciate any photos and information that he would care to provide.

If anyone else is located outside the U.S., please follow Tewi's fine example and send us photos and information on your local situation with regard to obtaining diapers.

--John

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:32 am 

Tewi, our world traveler and roaming correspondent for our group is in Mongolia. He has provided us with a series of photos of a prominent supermarket chain in Ulaanbaatar.

What is surprising is the availability of quality European diapers on the shelves. Tena and Seni diapers are in stock as well as other brands. Notice that most packages are labeled in English as well as other languages. If we were traveling through Mongolia we would have no difficulty restocking diapers in Ulaanbaatar.

It may take me a few tries, but I will try to post a sample of Tewi's photos over the weekend.

Let's all give Tewi a big hand for his efforts! :D

--John

Attachment:
DSCN3809[1].JPG
DSCN3809[1].JPG [ 520.24 KiB | Viewed 10917 times ]

Attachment:
DSCN4519[1].JPG
DSCN4519[1].JPG [ 467.55 KiB | Viewed 10917 times ]

Attachment:
DSCN4412[1].JPG
DSCN4412[1].JPG [ 485.32 KiB | Viewed 10917 times ]

Last edited by JDinVirginia on Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:35 am 

Here are some more of Tewi's photos from UlaanBaatar, Mongolia. I can guarantee that no other incontinence- or diaper-related site has anything like these!

Thank you again Tewi!

--John

Attachment:
DSCN4516[1].JPG
DSCN4516[1].JPG [ 490.71 KiB | Viewed 10917 times ]

Attachment:
DSCN4521[1].JPG
DSCN4521[1].JPG [ 511.86 KiB | Viewed 10917 times ]

Attachment:
DSCN4571[1].JPG
DSCN4571[1].JPG [ 486.59 KiB | Viewed 10917 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:05 pm 

Thank you very much, Tewi and John.

Wetters

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:02 pm 

Many of us will never need to restock on diapers in UlaanBaatar, Mongolia, as Tewi has. However, for many of us Yanks a trip to the U.K. is very likely.

I would like to appeal to our friends in the U.K. to send information and photos about the availability of diapers in retail stores in the U.K. You may either send the data and pics directly to me or post them directly to this site.

How about some photos of a Boots chemist (pharmacy/drugstore to us Yanks), and some photos of what diapers are on the shelves?

--John

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:36 am 

I was in London England in 2006 and I completely and I 100% struck out getting adult diapers. I even went to a hospital emergency room to try to get some from the hospital and they acted like they had never heard of adult diapers. My wife and I were totally amazed. Yes they were polite but they did not seem to get the point. I will be interested to see IF this has changed. How odd this experience was. What was wrong with this picture?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:22 pm 

Skipper,

Of course you could not find adult diapers; they only stock nappies! :lol:

Sorry, Skipper, but I could not resist the opportunity.

Seriously, I have heard that finding diapers in retail stores in the U.K. is difficult. Few retail stores will sell adult diapers as they are provided free through the national health service to those diagnosed with a medical need. However, the Boots chemists may be your best chance and usually stock Tena products. Many online companies in the U.K. will deliver nappies by the second day. For travelers, second-day delivery to a hotel may be their best choice.

Re hospitals not having adult diapers, I have heard of that in some hospitals in the U.S. also.

--John

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:29 am 

Hi Skipper,
I used to travel to the UK quite a bit for work, and seldom had an issue finding diapers. Over there, they can be found in the drug stores such as the Boots chain. Those will quite often be low grade- Depends quality. For better diapers, find a local mobility store- the kind that sells those battery powered scooters. Quite often, they will have diapers as well, and they will be higher quality ones.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:12 pm 

Hello all,

Tewi, our own international traveler and roaming correspondent has provided us with costing data for disposable diapers in Mongolia. I would note that Tewi went to considerable inconvenience to do this. As the prices were not marked on the items, Tewi had to take each package to the vendor for a separate pricing!

Helen Harper diapers were in some of the photographs that Tewi provided us of diapers in a Mongolian supermarket. Helen Harper is a brand of good quality diapers marketed in Europe and Russia. Tewi notes that of the Helen Harper, Tena, and Seni diapers locally available in Mongolia, he much prefers the Helen Harper.

A full package of 16 Helen Harper diapers in size Medium costs U.S. $17.50, or $1.09 per diaper. However, three trial packages purchased together (2 diapers per package), in size Medium, cost U.S. $6.14 or U.S. $1.02 each. Yes, you read that correctly - the trial packages are the less expensive! Also, Tewi notes that the Large size is less expensive than the Medium size! Trial packages in size Large cost only U.S. $0.96 each.

In the SENI brand, the Seni Standard and the Seni Super are in stock. A package of Seni Standard (30 diapers) in size Medium costs U.S. $22.61, or U.S. $0.75 each. A package of Seni Super (10 diapers) in size Medium costs U.S. $10.11 or U.S. $1.01 per diaper.

In the Tena brand, a package of 30 Tena diapers in size Large (no mediums were in stock) costs U.S. $20.37 or U.S. $0.68 each. A package of Tena Plus (10 diapers) in size Large costs U.S. $7.57 or U.S. $0.76 each.

Tewi has provided us with incredibly detailed and useful data on the availability of diapers in Mongolia for the international traveler. THANK YOU, Tewi! :D

And, it gets even better. Tewi will be spending some time in India before returning back to the U.S. in 2016. He has agreed to provide us with information on adult diapers in India. I had a trip to India scheduled but had to cancel it because of surgery. I was doing online research attempting to find out exactly this kind of information in order to be able to restock on diapers while in India. I never was able to find out the kind of information that Tewi has provided us on Mongolia.

--John

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14  Next