www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:45 pm 

Guys and gals, this topic is for international availability and purchase of diapers and other incontinence supplies

--John

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:44 pm 

Regarding finding and purchasing adult diapers in Hong Kong, Tewi, who for a while is visiting in Hong Kong, has reminded me that English is commonly spoken there. He notes that, in stores, one person usually speaks English.

Tewi notes that, upon arrival, a traveler can ask the staff at the airlines counter to write the Chinese characters for “adult diaper” to show store personnel.

However, Tewi has taken the time to write the Chinese characters for "Adult Diaper" on paper and photographed it so that anyone reading this can download the image and show it. :D

--John

Attachment:
DSCN3066[1].JPG
DSCN3066[1].JPG [ 479.59 KiB | Viewed 27279 times ]

Last edited by JDinVirginia on Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:15 pm 

Local stores in Hong Kong-

Tewi, went to Hong Kong in November, expecting to be there for only 11 days, but has not yet returned! He now is our overseas field representative for Asia! :D

Tewi advises that, while local stores in Hong Kong have adult diapers, they do not carry diaper covers. He had to order some from eBay!

Tewi reminded me that Hong Kong is really, really big, so that a traveler looking for diapers has to know where to go.

He notes that one supermarket chain, “Wellcome Markets” [yes, spelled with two “L’s”] carries Tena adult diapers as well as a local brand.

Tewi said to look for medical supply stores.

Tewi has provided photos of “Hong Kong Medical Supplies” and notes that he actually buys diapers at this store. You will see that the store carries Molicare and Tena, in addition to local brands.
Attachment:
Hong Kong Medical Supplies.JPG
Hong Kong Medical Supplies.JPG [ 509.75 KiB | Viewed 27281 times ]

Attachment:
Diapers on shelves.JPG
Diapers on shelves.JPG [ 489.16 KiB | Viewed 27280 times ]

Attachment:
Inside store.JPG
Inside store.JPG [ 481.65 KiB | Viewed 27281 times ]

--John

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:29 pm 

Another local store in Hong Kong.

Tewi provided photos of Culture Homes "Elderly Lifestyle" store in Hong Kong. From other photos Tewi has sent the store appears to be very clean and well organized. The store carries Tena, Molicare, and local brands.

--John
Attachment:
Culture Homes in Hong Kong.JPG
Culture Homes in Hong Kong.JPG [ 467.83 KiB | Viewed 27279 times ]

Attachment:
Diapers on shelf.JPG
Diapers on shelf.JPG [ 532.96 KiB | Viewed 27279 times ]

Attachment:
Local diapers in store.JPG
Local diapers in store.JPG [ 513.08 KiB | Viewed 27279 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:49 am 

Looks very much like the store I dealt with in Hong Kong. I was very impressed with the staff and how they dealt with me. I don't know about the rest of you but they even wrapped my purchases for the sake of my dignity as I walked home with my new diapers under my arm.
Dean is my name by the way DJC user name

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:36 am 

I remember reading that Japan has the highest adult diaper consumption, per capita, in the world. Would that also translate to urban Chinese areas?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:07 pm 

That's a good story Dean, don't you wish sales staff were always so helpful here?

--John

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:14 pm 

We have a good representation in our group from Canada. I would like to begin by asking our Canadian members and others who travel there to recommend retail stores and reliable online suppliers of incontinence products. This includes, but is not limited to, diapers.

For online orders, Age Comfort has been recommended, as has B4NS and RearZ.

For retail stores the ASDA chain, which carries Tena products, has been recommended. RearZ also has retail stores which carry RearZ, ConfiCare, Inspire, Abena, and ConfiDry 24/7.

--John

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:30 pm 

So very true the outlet stores I deal with here in Canada I think the staff have their butts glued to their chairs. As for dignity I had six cases of Abriform M4s delivered to my door on Friday. Sunday when I came home there sat all of my diapers for the World to see on my front steps.

As for the Japanese using diapers. The women in the country are going through a period of time where they think diapers are in with fashion. Diaper use is a big thing there right now.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:01 pm 

Off-list, Tewi has provided me with additional information and photos of two more stores in Hong Kong. I will try to post that data in the forum over the next day or so.

We owe Tewi a big round of applause for all that he has done to help us here. :D

--John

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next