www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:58 am 

I posted this up above in the topic on England, but thought I would post here as well. I will be coming to Belfast and over to England in June-July 2018 (from the US) and will need to buy diapers (nappies) for my time in England. I should be able to carry enough to get me through the week conference in Belfast, but will need to pick up supplies when we get to England. We will be there for about 3 weeks. I use the tape on diapers (Tena Slip Maxi or Abena M4 and my wife likes the pull-ups). I would like to be able to go to a store and buy what I need, but have heard that incontinence supplies aren't that available in stores. Just wondering what stores you might suggest, if any. We will be coming to the Leeds or York area first. Thanks so much for the help!
Gary

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:43 pm 

It has been years, June of 2006 if you want to be exact, since I was in London, England. I could NOT NOT NOT (got it?) find adult diapers / pads call-them-what-you-will. My wife and I even went to a hospital, to the Emergency Room, and asked them about getting them. They, the hospital staff mind you, a Doctor in fact was one we spoke with, were of absoultely no help at all. We were stunned at this.

I have no idea of what you will find some twelve-years-later. For all I know, each and every single drug store in London is carrying them on their shelves. Maybe even showing them in their storefront windows as I have seen in Hong Kong, China.

Good luck. I hope you will keep-us-posted about what you find in-the-trenches over there.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:39 pm 

Tewi,
Thanks for your comments. It has been almost that long since I was in England as well. I do now know that I should ask for adult nappies and that might help!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:15 pm 

Just a short check-in Post here. I have fully recovered from my broken left hip (November 2016 in Dubai in the United Arab Emirates) and my left kidney issue (possible tumor diagnosed in Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia, in August of 2017).

So?

So this. I am now in Seoul, South Korea. I just (and I mean literally) flew in from Anchorage, Alaska, to Seattle, Washington, to Seoul, South Korea. In a few days I head back to Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia, and then up to Irkutsk, Southeastern Russian Siberia.

I will check out supply options for incontinent supplies here in Seoul on this, my first ever, visit to South Korea.

PS : A friend I visited here in Seoul had access to the local military base and I got the products I needed. BUT I myself could not go with him onto the base and so did not do a photo-shoot. Maybe next-time.

PPS : Next time has appeared.!!See my post published February 23, 2019.

Last edited by Tewi on Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:07 am 
Admin

Tewi

Its great to hear that you have recovered from your medical problems and are back enjoying your travels.
:D :D :D :D

Schoppy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:19 pm 

Hi, Tewi - It's good to hear from you. I'm happy to know that your medical issues have resolved.

W.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:28 pm 

Ah yes. Life with a computer. And hitting the dreaded Ctrl Key by accident. I just lost a rather lengthy Post because I did just that. Instead of hitting the Shift Key I hit the Ctrl Key and, in a dreaded nano-second, lost the Post. Then I did not have the common sense to Hit Ctrl Z to instantly to get it back.

I am now back in Russian Siberia. I was last here in August of 2017 when I visited Ulan-Ude for 3-days and found, readily available, many absorbent incontinent products. I am now in Irkutsk, Siberia, just West of Lake Baikal a most famous lake, where I plan to visit for several months or longer. My wife may join me here later.

We have a word : Apothecary. This word has come to mean Pharmacy.

In Russian they have a word : А П Т Е К А . The Russian Cyrillic Alphabet Letter : П sounds out as out letter P.
So this Russian word А П Т Е К А sounds out as A P T E K A and I associate it with A P O T H E C A R Y.

This is where you need to go to find absorbent incontinent products. Find an А П Т Е К А.

Now, before I lose another Post and photos, I am going to publish this. Then, in my next Post, I will take you inside of a
Russian А П Т Е К А.

Attachments:
File comment: An А П Т Е К А here in Russia is a Pharmacy where you will go to find adult absorbent products.
DSCN1849[1].JPG
DSCN1849[1].JPG [ 511.59 KiB | Viewed 7562 times ]
File comment: An А П Т Е К А here in Russia is a Pharmacy where you will go to find adult absorbent products.
DSCN1852[1].JPG
DSCN1852[1].JPG [ 481.58 KiB | Viewed 7562 times ]
DSCN1765[1].JPG
DSCN1765[1].JPG [ 484.32 KiB | Viewed 7562 times ]
File comment: An А П Т Е К А here in Russia is a Pharmacy where you will go to find adult absorbent products. Do you see the word in the photo?
DSCN1859[1].JPG
DSCN1859[1].JPG [ 526.1 KiB | Viewed 7562 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:00 pm 

Hi, Tewi - Great photos. Thanks. Interesting how the graphic on the window depicts young, trendy women!

W.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:44 pm 

In my previous Post above, I showed several exterior photos of two Russian Pharmacies ( А П Т Е К А ). In this Post (photographically) I will take you inside of them. At one time in my life, I used to have (call them) negative thoughts about these mega-sized International conglomerates. No longer. I am so happy to be able to find TENA products literally world-wide. Now inside we will go.

Attachments:
File comment: In the Russian language, the word for pharmacy is А П Т Е К А. In the next four photos that follow this exterior photo, I will take you (photographically) inside of this, my favorite pharmacy for incontinent products, here in Irkutsk, Siberia.
DSCN1850[1].JPG
DSCN1850[1].JPG [ 480.67 KiB | Viewed 7523 times ]
File comment: Just look at this extremely nice Russian Pharmacy ( А П Т Е К А ). State of the art. I am so impressed with this pharmacy. Notice all of the incontinent absorbent products (closeup photos follow below) along the top shelf behind the service counter. This is my favorite pharmacy by far here in Irkutsk, Siberia. Great helpful employees.
DSCN1761[1].JPG
DSCN1761[1].JPG [ 465.63 KiB | Viewed 7523 times ]
File comment: Going from left to right, in this and the next two photos, I will show a closeup look at some of the incontinent absorbent products in this pharmacy ( А П Т Е К А ). Note the name brand : TENA. I find TENA products worldwide.
DSCN1757[1].JPG
DSCN1757[1].JPG [ 529.98 KiB | Viewed 7523 times ]
File comment: A closeup look at some of the incontinent absorbent products in this Pharmacy.
DSCN1758[1].JPG
DSCN1758[1].JPG [ 532.49 KiB | Viewed 7523 times ]
File comment: A closeup look at some of the incontinent absorbent products in this Pharmacy. In the next three photos below, we will go inside of another Russian Pharmacy ( А П Т Е К А ).
DSCN1760[1].JPG
DSCN1760[1].JPG [ 539.93 KiB | Viewed 7523 times ]
File comment: As I've mentioned several times, the Russian word for Pharmacy is : А П Т Е К А. As you can see in this photo, they can be very understated and low key in appearance.
DSCN1737[1].JPG
DSCN1737[1].JPG [ 456.49 KiB | Viewed 7523 times ]
File comment: You will have to look closely, but in the rear of this Russian Pharmacy, to the left of center, up on top of the shelves, you will see a selection of incontinent absorbent products.
DSCN1857[1].JPG
DSCN1857[1].JPG [ 524.73 KiB | Viewed 7523 times ]
File comment: A closer look at the incontinent absorbent products I mention in the above photo.
DSCN1858[1].JPG
DSCN1858[1].JPG [ 503.7 KiB | Viewed 7523 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:26 pm 

This will wrap-up my series of three Posts showing Russian Pharmacies (А П Т Е К А) and their selection of absorbent incontinent products here in Irkutsk, Russian Siberia. In this Post I will simply show some closeup photos of the TENA products that I have purchased here, along with the cost of them. I am so thankful for TENA to have a world-wide presence in 90 countries along with the availability of their first-class first-rate products. In the United States, I am pretty much an Abena customer making my purchases via Amazon. I also use Tranquility and Molicare products as well. These TENA products are absolutely as good as any I've ever used. I have to chuckle. Not having been outside the country for a prolonged stay (months / years) in a few years, I have not used any TENA products in awhile. Now TENA call (what I have always known as wrap-around-briefs) them TENA SLIP. I don't have a clue-in-a-carload why you would call wrap-around-briefs SLIP. Onward with a few photos.

Attachments:
File comment: A package of ten size Medium TENA Slip wrap-around-briefs is 510 Russian Rubles or U.S. $7.61 or $0.76 per brief.
DSCN2045[1].JPG
DSCN2045[1].JPG [ 477.02 KiB | Viewed 7521 times ]
File comment: A TENA Slip wrap-around-brief. They have the soft outer cover with side fasteners that work well if you need to take them off and then refasten them. Plastic outer covers with the traditional 'tapes' often tear when you need to remove them.
DSCN2052[1].JPG
DSCN2052[1].JPG [ 504.12 KiB | Viewed 7521 times ]
File comment: The cost of a package of ten size Large TENA Slip wrap-around-briefs is 560 Russian Rubles or U.S. $8.36 or $0.84 per brief.
DSCN1871[1].JPG
DSCN1871[1].JPG [ 519.85 KiB | Viewed 7521 times ]
File comment: The cost of a package of ten size Medium TENA pull-up pants is 530 Russian Rubles or U.S. $7.91 or $0.79 per pair.
DSCN1861[1].JPG
DSCN1861[1].JPG [ 477.35 KiB | Viewed 7521 times ]
File comment: The cost of a package of ten size Large TENA pull-up pants is 645 Russian Rubles. This translates to U.S. $9.63 or $0.96 per pair.
DSCN1768[1].JPG
DSCN1768[1].JPG [ 523.09 KiB | Viewed 7521 times ]
File comment: I had to chuckle when I looked at the back of the package of pull-ups. In the Russian language, our letter that sounds as N, is written as the letter H. So in Russian, TENA is spelled TEHA. At the very bottom they slipped back to English spelling TENA Pants Normal as TENA Pants Normal. Just a quick aside.
DSCN2085[1].JPG
DSCN2085[1].JPG [ 525.75 KiB | Viewed 7521 times ]
File comment: The TENA pull-up pants I am finding to be a very good product. I never thought I'd see the day when the pull-ups rival (do NOT equal but rival) the wrap-around briefs.
DSCN1772[1].JPG
DSCN1772[1].JPG [ 433.25 KiB | Viewed 7521 times ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next