www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Purpose of forum
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:06 pm 

Schoppy generously set up this forum at my request, based on a suggestion I received from Tewi who currently is in Hong Kong. My thanks to both of you! :D

I enjoy international travel and have experienced the difficulty of locating a reliable source of adult diapers during travel to another country. :( To ensure an uninterrupted supply of diapers, I like to locate possible sources of supply during the planning phase, before I begin travel, and preferably specific stores with addresses and telephone numbers.

I interpret the geographical scope of this forum as anywhere outside the United States, so, yes, Canada is included.

In a series of PMs and emails, Tewi has been very helpful in suggesting retail stores in Hong Kong and even has provided me with some photographs. Over the next few days I will try to post here his suggestions and information.

Previously we briefly have addressed the problem of restocking incontinence supplies during travel, but the messages have been scattered in various forums over a period of months to years. It would be very helpful for this forum to serve as a central archive for reference by others who are incontinent and planning international travel.

Please share your experiences, suggestions, and favorite suppliers for adult diapers and other incontinence products. Be as specific as you can and your negative experiences also would be helpful.

I will try to copy over some information from old posts for the sake of making them available here.

--John

Post subject: Re: Purpose of forum
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:23 am 

I like the idea of thie forum in and of itself. I would also suggest that possibly we open it up to the discussion of dealing with incontinence while traveling whether internationaly of domestically. There are challenges faced by all in any maner of travel.

"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise." -
Gore Vidal

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:48 pm 

Good idea, Msshendo! I have set up two separate topics, one for diapers and other incontinence supplies and the other for traveling with incontinence (domestic or international). Re the second topic, we have a sizable number of international members in our group, so one person's domestic is another's international.

--John

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:33 pm 

JDinVirginia wrote:
we have a sizable number of international members in our group, so one person's domestic is another's international.

I thought of that when I wrote my reply. We have a many number of members from different countries. We would be remiss if we did not include where to find diapers in the USA in this post as well. As you said, one person's domestic is another's international.

"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise." -
Gore Vidal

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:35 pm 

Msshendo, good point. Done. Please see new topic.

--John

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:45 pm 

Thanks JD. You Rock!

Gore Vidal

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:55 am 

:D I am on a shopping spree this morning picking up supplies from my local medical supply store, I think a trip to the liquor store is order to replenish the Rum supplies for here. :lol:

You folks are fun thanks for the smiles.

Dean

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:01 pm 

"Why is the rum always gone?" - Captain Jack Sparrow
Sorry, msshendo, I just couldn't help it.

Wetters

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:05 pm 

No problem my dear Wetters. The saddest part about me having that quote is the fact that I really can't be drinking alcohol right now because of still dealing with the concussion. Oh the irony.

Gore Vidal

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:21 pm 

msshendo, I'm sorry that you are still working through the effects of your concussion. I hope that you are feeling better than you have been, and that your life will be back to normal soon. Do your doctors have you on a specialized rehabilitation program, or are they taking a wait-and-see approach and addressing issues as they occur?

It seems to me that life often takes an ironic turn....

Wetters