Switch to full style
Different Types of Treatments and Medications Available
Post a reply

PTNNM/PTNS treatment

Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:51 pm

Hey guys just wanting to give you all a heads up, I'll be starting PTNM treatment this month. Hopefully this helps with the urges and unwanted leaks and embarrassing accidents. Have anyone here had success with this type of bladder therapy?

Re: PTNNM/PTNS treatment

Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:57 am

Can you describe what it is?

Schoppy

Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:43 am

Percutaneous Tibial Neuromodulation. I believe it's going to be Interstem. I think.

Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:53 am

Percutaneous Tibial Nerve Stimuation (PTNS), use acupuncture at the ankle and send electrical stimulation to the nerves responsible for bladder and pelvic floor function. Its a non surgical procedure to help treat OAB.

Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:55 am

My urologist at the Mayo Clinic brought this up in conversation with me. In the end, we found that I wasn’t a good fit for the treatment. He said I would have to make several visits to the clinic every week but I couldn’t commit to a schedule like that due to distance and family obligations.

Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:50 pm

Here goes guys day 1 of 12
Attachments
15163986422861409843829.jpg

Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:59 am

Good luck and do keep us posted. I am very curious how this will work. Question though, wit the location, will it effect physical activity? Would it be in the way of let's say hiking in hiking boots or working in work boots?

Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:05 pm

Hey bobsan,

I heard that a cousin of mine had PTNS treatments for his OAB symptoms with good results. How have yours gone?
Post a reply