www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:08 am 

Well ... it's been a while. Sorry to have been inactive, but life got *busy*!

At any rate, allow me to give a brief update to my acupuncture journey started in September of last year (see http://www.incontinentsupport.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=2011 for history).

Overall, there has been a marked and definite improvement. While the small dribbling remains (sorry if TMI), the OAB spasms that led to the sudden (at times painful) releases have pretty much subsided. The OAB can trigger if I wait too long to void; "too long" would be about 4+ hours. Thus, on long haul driving trips or unknown bathroom situations I must be fully diapered. Nevertheless, this is way better than pre-accupuncture days wherein I could release at *any* time. And while I am still diapered at night, I find that I am waking up *before* I have to go and can go instead of than just sleeping thru the void session. I am truly amazed at what has happened these last few months.

Currently, I see her every 6 weeks; and I take a daily Chinese herbal supplement that I can't pronounce. BTW: The herbal supplement caused me to become constipated. When I mentioned this to her she said "Oh, that can be expected in some patients". So she stuck in a few extra needles and the constipation instantly went away and has not returned! Those extra needles were never needed again. That was crazy! At one point she asked if I was feeling a "lack of energy". At that time, I was feeling listless. So a few needless in the head and, viola, I felt energized. I have to admit that I am really amazed at this whole "needle" thing. I can't make sense of it; but I can't deny the results!

Now, my acupuncturist wants me to move on to the next phase: 1) to not see her until the OAB returns or acts up and to 2) change from diaper briefs to pull-ups :shock:. And while this is the day I hoped for, I'm actually hesitant to move on (go figure :roll: )! She's says my bladder is more stable now. Nevertheless, I'll try what she says; she's been spot on thus far. I'll report back with any news.

I'll try to be a bit more active now that things are getting a bit less busy.

ILuvLA

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:57 am 

Thank you for your encouraging report. You may have saved at least some of us from agony.

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 7:45 pm 

Glad that you found a temporary respite!

Marcus Aurelius