Switch to full style
Different Types of Treatments and Medications Available
Post a reply

Bad Reaction to Flowmax, possibly Cipro

Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:13 am

I have been on Flowmax for less than 24 hours, but I seem to be having a bad reaction to it. Yesterday I had hives for several hours after taking the medication. Today I have a terrible sinus headache, disorientation and dizziness, and a painful sensation around my throat and neck. All of these symptoms appear on the list of side effects for Flowmax, and some of them appear on the Cipro list. I am trying to reach my doctor's office this morning.
Last edited by Noe on Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Bad Reaction to Flowmax, possibly Cipro

Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:31 am

You need to see your doctor ASAP. In the mean time, stop taking the meds. Allergic reactions to meds can be dangerous.

Good luck!

Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:41 am

Thanks, I'm definitely working on that.

Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:48 pm

If you cannot reach your doctor's office, get yourself, with a friend driving if necessary, to an emergency room ASAP. Keep us informed.

Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:25 pm

Thanks for your concern. I reached my urologist's office at 10AM this morning, and they said to discontinue the medication. They asked me to consider an ER visit; however, I did not think the allergic reaction was that bad. I read all the documentation on the medications. I was able to divide my symptoms into two categories: the allergic reaction and the medications' side effects. I had:

Hives for several hours (allergic reaction)
Accelerated heart rate (side effect)
Disorientation and dizziness (side effect)
Pain in throat, neck and jaw area (allergic reaction and possibly also a side effect)
Very painfully inflamed sinuses (side effect)
Nosebleed (side effect)
Lethargy (side effect)

I took a Zyrtec for the allergic reaction, and that helped. The throat pain and inflamed sinuses lasted all day. I took Advil for those but it took awhile to kick in. It was the the most painful sinus headache I have ever had. It finally abated this evening, more than 24 hours after I took a single Flowmax capsule. Thank God that is over. I have a brief follow-up visit tomorrow.

Noe
Post a reply