www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:12 pm 

It's only a little after 4 p.m. here on the West Coast, but I can barely keep my eyes open as I sit at my desk at work. We had an extremely rainy night here last night, and it played havoc with my bladder. Normally during a wet night, I wet only once, wake up right after, then fall back to sleep until morning. Last night the sound of the rain outside my bedroom window had me dreaming about dumping a bucket of water on my husband, along with other water-related dreams. I had multiple wettings that were almost a constant flow, when I managed to sleep at all.

Wetters

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:35 pm 
Admin

I hear you Wetters, it was windy & poured here all night too, but we need it (the water anyhow, lakes are all super low)! I know it makes it worse for me too, but I just add a layer and be done with worrying about it! :) Puffy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:51 pm 

Yes, we do need it. From a personal point of view, I thought some my rhodys had died because they got really dry (we had some sunny and 80-degree days recently) and I hadn't had the time to turn a hose on 'em. My Abena pull-ups were adequate, but I usually don't need a dry one midway through the night.

Wetters

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:28 pm 
Admin

Don't worry about it... it is what it is, just remember to stop and smell the roses, or rhodos now & then! :D Puffy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:11 am 

I'm sorry you didn't get much sleep last night. I know I'm a wreck when I don't get sleep. And I know the wetting issues can keep me awake too. With me I will often wake up with the feeling of having to pee and when I move everything just comes out anyway so I never make it out of the bed. Since I wear wrist braces for Carpal tunnel syndrome and a C-pap for sleep apnea, it takes a bit to get up and get to the bathroom. Which is probably why my body and bladder just don't wait anymore.

It's rainy here today so I'm having trouble waking up even though I did sleep well last night.

"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise." -
Gore Vidal

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:27 pm 

Thanks, msshendo - rain & wetapalooza again last night, but at least I got more sleep.

Wetters

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:23 pm 

I'm laughing at the wetapalooza. That is a good one. Sometimes I wish I could just wet without waking up because I would get so much more and better sleep. I don't care if I wet my diaper at night. That's what its there for anyway.

"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise." -
Gore Vidal

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:26 am 

I'm just grateful that i don't have nighttime incontinence, that would just make things much more difficult to deal with. But, I have the morning deluges to "make up" for it.. part and parcel of a neurgenic bladder with underactive tendences an overflow issues. Sometiems, though when my bladder is giving me greif and i want to release into protection i cant.. sigh.

PS by grief i mean aches beyound the normal hey im full feeling. I don't deliberatly wet unless i need to in order to feel comfortable.

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II