www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Bedwetting Alarms
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:30 am 

I can remember that alarm as a kid, and I would not wish that on anyone. Never thought to use it as a parent- far too cruel to the child and the parent. If you just change the sheets in the morning then everyone gets a good night's rest. After a few nights of that, go back to diapers for a while.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:43 pm 

Thanks for the feedback, guys.

Wetters

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:00 pm 

I wonder if an alarm would be a good thing for me. Occasionally i wet the bed and maybe an alarm plus a bedpad would be sufficient.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:58 pm 

I'm sorry, G, but I didn't follow through on getting one. I determined that it wouldn't be compatible with my wetting pattern.

Wetters

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:06 am 

When I wet the bed as a kid, my mom used the alarm for one night. I slept through it, she woke up and couldn't get back to sleep. End of experiment! We just went back to extra laundry on the occasions when I had accidents. Luckily I outgrew that until the injury made incontinence a real issue for me.

Marcus Aurelius

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:20 pm 

I know this is old and in the ladies section but I've looked into these. Just doesn't seem right for me. My frequent bedwetting is fairly new, but before that it was occasional and small amounts. When not bedwetting I'm getting up several times a night. Sometimes 1-2 sometimes as many as 5-6. As a result I get really lousy sleep. I also have sleep apnea. I'm tired a lot. I'm only about a week into wearing diapers to bed, and I'm already sleeping much better. Not waking up to use the bathroom a million times or to change bedding/clothes is much preferable. An alarm would just ensure (if it worked) that I'd just continue to wake up so many times. I'd honestly rather wet myself in a diaper and sleep soundly all night than get up 1-5 times and be tired all the time. My 2 cents.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:16 pm 

I too am getting tired of the getting up 2-4 times a night to go to the bathroom and it does interfere with sleeping.

While my partner was out of town, I tried wearing a diaper to bed to see if it could help me sleep better. After the week, I found I was able getting more rest and falling asleep faster after waking up. But with the downside of leaking 4 of the 7 nights. I was waking up and rolling on my back to go. I had to stop because I can't inflict a wet bed on him.

As an obligatory comment about bedwetting alarms, I had one as a kid. It did a marvelous job waking my parents up two rooms away when I wet. I, however, slept right through it. For some reason we stopped using it after a few months... ;)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:24 pm 

MikeInSF, you might want to try a surface bed pad in conjunction with a diaper, just until you find out which type/brand of diaper (and cover?) works well for you. If you move around quite a bit during sleep, Goodnites disposable pads might work best, from a convenience standpoint as well as for keeping the bed dry. They adhere to the bottom sheet, so they stay in place. I'm a lifelong bedwetter (I also have daytime urge incontinence). I use Goodnites bed pads for travel, and washables for at home, but I sleep on my stomach and don't move around much. I also use a waterproof mattress cover, and "double-void"* in the toilet before getting into bed for the night.

*Once at the start of my bedtime preparations, and again just before I get into bed.

W.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:27 pm 

It took me a while to get it dialed in, but the way I wear the abena now, I sleep face down, and almost never leak.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:37 pm 

Mike, I feel you... I'm a side sleeper who tosses and turns a lot. Luckily the ConfiDry almost never leak on me.

Marcus Aurelius