www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:08 pm 

No particular reason other than I'm managing both my daytime urge incontinence and wet nights well. No wet clothes or wet beds, and I've been having some good times with friends for the last several weekends. Because I use Abri-Flex pull-ups now for bedwetting, I've had to give up the pricey daytime pull-ups. However, I've discovered Prevail pads. They absorb (and adhere) surprisingly well, and they cost a little over $4.00 for a soft pack of 20. I can get them at the 2 Kroger-owned grocery stores here (they sell them under the store name, but they're the exact same pad that the local chain drugstore sells under the Prevail brand name). Safeway may even sell them. In addition to the cost savings, I also can carry more changes than I could with pull-ups.

Wishing everyone well, and I hope that those of you who are on the journey to a resolution get what you need soon.

Wetters

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:27 pm 

Wetters, I'm glad things are going well for you. It sounds like you may have even seen some improvement in your symptoms if you are able to get by with just a pad during the day. It's nice to see others not letting incontinence slow them down!!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:30 pm 

Thanks, PB&J. Yeah, you may be right. I'm still maintaining the Kegels, and I take advantage of restroom opportunities at intervals throughout the day before my bladder gets full. I work from home most of the time so that's a big help. Also, I can't remember the last time I had a sudden urge/gush in bed immediately upon awakening. I make it to the bathroom most mornings and without extreme urgency. It's a short trip, though - through a side door from the bedroom!

Wetters

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:23 pm 

Wetters,

I was glad to read that you are managing well. Being able to work at home does have its advantages for us incontinents. That you have been able to go out with your friends is even better news. Keep up the good work; you're an example of success for the rest of us.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:46 pm 

Good show Wetters! Go Kegels! :D

--John

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:59 pm 

That is good news.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:59 am 

Thanks, guys!!

Wetters