www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:51 pm 

for lack of use....

Wetters

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:02 pm 

Wetters, could it be that the ladies are more reticent to openly discuss these topics than the guys?

--John

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:07 pm 

I think that's largely the reason, JD. The womens' sections on the Depend forum as well were significantly less active than the mens', and it continues to surprise me. I had always thought that a guy's reaction to a problem is to put up a brick wall, and that women always want to talk about it (much to the irritation of guys!). Doubly strange to me because a woman specifically asked for this section....

Wetters

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:48 am 

I also wondered about the fact so few woman are on the forum despite the fact that incontinence is more common by females. I suspect that since incontinence is considered a womans problem woman take it more in stride than men & feel less need to seek out support for it.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:13 am 

I am just guessing at this, but most of a woman's incontinence develops after child birth. Maybe it is just an acceptance as part of giving birth and life. Plus, since it is acceptable for women to carry purses than it is easy for them to hide their supplies. My 2 cents.

Hopefully, MssHendo will be feeling well enough soon to add her comments.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:14 pm 

Thanks for the input, guys. Maybe it's that women are generally more open to discussing personal problems one on one, face to face, with a close friend or co-worker, rather than in an anonymous round-table setting like a forum. A glass or two of white wine or a grande latte might be more effective in setting the tone for candid conversation.

Wetters

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:21 pm 

I am female and I appreciate that this section is here to acknowledge that women sometimes have different needs and concerns in this area from men. I visit occasionally, but I don't post unless I have a specific question or can offer a non-repetitive response that might be helpful to another poster. Having visited this board for a few years, I've figured some things out in terms of my own needs, and I've also realized that my specific physical needs and preferences differ somewhat from most of the people on the board who post. If I have something to say, I will, but in general, I don't post just to chat.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:21 am 
Admin

Even if it is low on useage, I doubt that this section of the forum would be removed for that reason, at least it is here when needed, and a good place for just the ladies to go and discuss matters that don't always include the men. :) Puffy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:17 pm 
Admin

Don't worry about that.
I think its a wonderful section and i'm sure that it will help a lot of ladies out there.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:39 pm 

Wetters wrote:
a glass or two of white wine or a grande latte might be more effective in setting the tone for candid conversation.
Wetters

I like your sense of humor. :)