www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:16 pm 

Sheesh. So a new wardrobe! How fun! Not really :D

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:55 pm 

Another woman here with similarly unpredictable bladder leak patterns, although they are secondary to a bowel condition, so I have somewhat different needs. In my profession it's acceptable to wear nice pants/business casual. I used to wear more dresses and skirts but started doing that less and less before the incontinence issues, so I don't think anyone noticed. People really pay less attention to bulges than most incontinent people think. As long as your pants fit, zip/button/snap, and there isn't an obvious leak or strong odor, don't worry.

I like classic expandable waist/elastic/drawstring styles. Fitted ones are more of a problem now because medical issues and the exact extent of my protection on any particular day make the size variable. I generally wear Abena AbriFlex pull ons or large liners (extremely large pads meant to be used alone rather than as boosters) under an Abri Fix fixing pants. I do not have the dexterity to be dealing with fastening briefs all the time, nor do I have a place to store many extra supplies during the work day, so in my case I need to wear something that will last me several hours. Your situation may vary. The Abena AbriFlex, which I have highly recommended to Wetters and others here who can use pull ons is bulky though, various brands of liners less so but also less reliable about leaks. I find I absolutely cannot wear cloth during the day and still fit into the same pairs of pants, so use the ones I have when I know I am going to be home or at night.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:49 am 

Hi Alainaluvsu,

I'm female and mostly wear jeans and pads underneath. I wear tena underwear under jogging bottoms, when I go running and no-one has ever commented or seen my protection. At first I was concerned that the "shape" may show, but now I don't worry about it; as people are too busy getting on with their own lives to notice or comment.
John 1050 is right! the only way someone will "Know" is if you decide to tell them. I wouldn't worry about anything, and just live your life, they way you want to.
Kakapo.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:01 pm 

Hi Alainaluvsu,

I have been wearing diapers for nearly three months now and I took the plunge last week to splash out on some new clothes to try and hide what I am wearing and embraced the person who I am now. As a male I wear jeans of a dark colour shorts of a baggy nature bodystocking/onsie to stop the top of the diaper from appearing when bending over and stretch pants to hold the diaper in place and stop the chaffing. I have a female friend (sort of more an acquaintance) who has bladder issues and she finds wearing a skort a god send. The integral shorts part holds the diaper in place and hides it away and the skirt part stops the diaper from being seen and gives her extra modesty. This allows her to keep her feminine looks and fit in with the crowd especially at the seaside or when shopping. In the winter it is more jogging bottoms, jeans, longish skirts and dresses. That being said my friend has said that it is possible to purchase skorts of various lengths (skirt part) and styles and tights can be worn for warmth as with a normal skirts and tights do add further support for the diaper.

I hope this helps

Greenbank

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:59 pm 

A while ago i was at the salvation army and bought one of my few pairs of trousers.
Usually I wear skirts or dresses, but this pair concealed my underwear so clever, that I was astonished.
It was a thick wool quality, that does not reveal too much, and the really good thing was the placement of the pockets.
I will study the science of pocket placement from now on...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:46 pm 

Hi Alaina, Welcome. I am a women who has been wearing a Foley catheter for about six years now most of the time. I'm totally urinary incontinent so I must wear heavy protection when I'm not wearing a Foley. I have change my wardrobe to include fit and flare and sheath dress. I do wear jeans with a diaper but I went up one size. I do wear business suits with both a '"belly bag" or a diaper that are a loose style. I hope this is a help to you and good luck: Joyce