www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Wet Night
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:43 am 

I had a wetting episode last night, but I'm not going to beat myself up. The bed stayed dry, and I'm still doing really well, but it's discouraging.

Wetters

Post subject: Re: Wet Night
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 6:46 pm 

Hang in the Wetters. Just a speed bump.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:37 pm 

Thanks, Rope. I seriously needed some encouragement today.

Wetters

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:56 pm 

Oh I can do better than that. Wetters, you cooking is AWESOME!!!!!! I live the way you bake. Also you are absolutely glowing today. just beautiful. Also I love what you did with your hair. makes you look at least 5-6 years younger.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:21 pm 

Wetters, given the beautiful weather we had today, your mood should be improving. The birds, sunshine, etc. This is a truly awesome day to look at the beauty in the world around you and smile. We all have days (and nights) where we would like a "do over". Don't let it get to you. In the Grand Scheme Of Things, this is a truly minor occurrence. Learn from it (protection level, fluid intake, etc.) and move on. Incontinence is just a condition, not something that defines who you are. Continue with your focus on life, family, work and social activities and don't let this get you down.

I spent the weekend across the state with my mother, and drove back across Snoqualmie Pass this evening just in time to enjoy a spectacular sunset. I choose to focus on that sunset, and not on the fact it may be the last time I see her in this life.

Sleep well tonight, knowing that you are loved.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:39 am 

What is really encouraging is that you calculated your protection good enough to save your bed. For me, that would be the most important. Concider that as a part of being in control. Count your victories, and put your defeats in the dustbin or washing machine. For me to even have had an extreme night, and register that the bed survived is a victory.
Also because it makes me confident that I am able to sleep in other beds han mine without ruining them.
Any kind of dry bed is a victory. The only place a bedsheet is supposed to be wet is in the washing machine..

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:07 am 

Thanks, Everyone. I appreciate your kind and encouraging words.

WetDad, I'm very sorry about your Mom. I have a feeling that she is an extraordinary person, and I wish you and your family the very best of outcomes.

Wetters

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:05 pm 

Wetters,

Colon spasms disturbed my sleep twice last night, and, as usual, my night diaper was soaked by the time I woke up. But I did not have any fecal leakage outside my diaper; my bed was dry, and the sheets were unstained. My protection did its duty, and, for me, that was a victory. If this is normal for me, it is also a victory. So also, I hope, for you. Do not allow the occasional dry night, or even a string of them, set you up for a fall when you have a wet night. Wear the protection you need; allow it to do its duty, and move on with life.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:34 pm 

I want to add "Amen!" to what Patrick said about not letting a dry period set you up for a fall.

--John

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:15 am 

Patrick & JD, you are absolutely right! I must admit that I was more than a little bit offended by what I interpreted as a vote of non-confidence, but I had another wet night last night. Although I'm still somewhat on track, it came on the heels of an episode that I had less than 2 weeks ago, and I'm discouraged. Although I've upgraded my protection (and it took a kick from the hubbs to get me there), I'm just not accepting the fact that I'm a chronic bedwetter and always will be. I was completely dry for 11 years before my nasty little childhood demon came back to harass me for the duration at age 25. As you may know, males are 3 times more likely to be bedwetters than are females, and it's even more unusual for an adult female to have wetting episodes.

I'm feeling every bit the stereotype of immature, irresponsible, lazy, developmentally disabled and sociopathic these days.

Wetters