www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Wet Night
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:09 pm 

Wetters, I just read your story. I'm sorry to hear of your setback and that your husband is only marginally supportive. I understand that all too well. I have moments where I feel like my wife's support for me is less than desirable. And she's an ER Nurse so she should understand better than anybody what it's like to have chronic health issues.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:18 pm 

Thanks, PB&J. Sometimes the whole thing can get really aggravating and overwhelming. At the end of the day (pun sort of intended!) it is what it is - and he can either take it or leave it. I always do my very best and give everything I've got.

The possible downside to your wife's job is that she might easily get desensitized to other people's medical issues. It's likely not an intentional snub. Her instinctive triage system may have the boys' daily needs first, followed by her adjustment to her new medical diagnosis, followed by resolving sudden household issues (broken fridge or dishwasher, etc.), followed by ... time for her husband.

Wetters

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:09 pm 

If you are bothered by having a male problem I think you are mistaken. The stats you quote are for childhood bedwetting. By adolecence they tend to even out & most adult bewetters are actualy female.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:08 am 

Thanks, Vandel - I've been worried about it for quite some time. When my bedwetting returned at age 25 after 11 years of my having been dry, I was disappointed but not overly concerned at first. I knew that bedwetting can recur in adulthood, decades after a child gets dry, but I thought that adult females were rarely affected. As time has progressed, I've become more and more concerned that I may have a neurological or developmental disability. To complicate matters, I had a stroke 3 years ago at age 60. I never smoked, used drugs, or abused alcohol or prescription meds.

Wetters

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:38 am 

Despite the criticism that's been going on in my life, I'm feeling good about myself. I'm effectively managing my sleepwetting episodes by discreetly using absorbent underwear. The bed has stayed dry, and I don't disturb anyone. My self esteem has taken a big hit since my wettings have increased in frequency and volume, but in evaluating the big picture, I've come to an understanding that there is absolutely nothing wrong with me as a person. I've done okay with my life. I mitigate my daytime urge accidents by keeping up with my Kegels, and I always wear a trim-fit pull-up and carry a spare when I'm away from home. I have nothing to be ashamed of.

Wetters

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:47 am 

Wetters wrote:
I have nothing to be ashamed of.

That's the spirit Wetters! You don't have anything to be ashamed of. None of us do! We manage and get along just fine. We should be applauded for taking the hit we have and still going on with our normal lives. There are too many out there that would just quit and play the victim (and I'm not talking about people with a legitimate need here). We have all seen them. They are the ones that are perfectly capable of working but decide to live off of assistance. Not us! We hit a bump in the road called intontinence and we find a way to manage it and get on with our lives. Nothing to be ashamed of there! Nothing!

"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise." -
Gore Vidal

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:32 pm 

msshendo wrote:
Wetters wrote:
I have nothing to be ashamed of.

That's the spirit Wetters! You don't have anything to be ashamed of. None of us do! We manage and get along just fine. We should be applauded for taking the hit we have and still going on with our normal lives. There are too many out there that would just quit and play the victim (and I'm not talking about people with a legitimate need here). We have all seen them. They are the ones that are perfectly capable of working but decide to live off of assistance. Not us! We hit a bump in the road called intontinence and we find a way to manage it and get on with our lives. Nothing to be ashamed of there! Nothing!

Having read this posting/thread it has helped me feel less ashamed of being incontinent. Over the last several months I been in the victim category feeling sad, angry and wanting to cry especially when I am seeing in the mirror what I now have to wear 24/7. This posing/thread was the kick I needed to start the not too easy process to move with the new me. Thank you Wetters and the rest of you for this. I am so glad I found you all on this community forum.

Regards

Greenbank

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:32 pm 
Admin

Yes, it's a pain in the butt, Yes it is frustrating to no end, Yes it is something to schedule your day around, Yes it is embarrassing to deal with, but N O it is nothing to be ashamed of, in the least. It's not like we had a list of life's woes, and we got to choose one or ten, I think I have about ten now :oops: :shock: Life goes on, unless you decide it doesn't, the choice is yours to make, Puffy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:58 am 

Puffy Pants wrote:
Yes, it's a pain in the butt, Yes it is frustrating to no end, Yes it is something to schedule your day around, Yes it is embarrassing to deal with, but N O it is nothing to be ashamed of, in the least. <...> Life goes on, unless you decide it doesn't, the choice is yours to make, Puffy

Amen! Well said!!!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:35 am 

Puffy Pants wrote:
Yes, it's a pain in the butt, Yes it is frustrating to no end, Yes it is something to schedule your day around, Yes it is embarrassing to deal with, but N O it is nothing to be ashamed of, in the least. It's not like we had a list of life's woes, and we got to choose one or ten, I think I have about ten now Life goes on, unless you decide it doesn't, the choice is yours to make, Puffy

Again. Need a like button. Or in this case a LOVE IT button.

Oh ba dee oh ba do life goes on.

"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise." -
Gore Vidal

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next