www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 1:39 am 

Hi, stacyg and BunnyGirl. I just wanted to say hi and welcome. It's great that more ladies are joining the forum!

Wetters

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:20 pm 

I feel so left out!! :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Marcus Aurelius

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:05 pm 

I'm sorry, Porkchop - Let's hear it for the guys, too!!

Wetters

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:52 pm 

Thank you Wetters!! LOL!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Marcus Aurelius

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:53 pm 

But I get it,..... you ladies need a creep free zone to talk about your own unique issues! ;)

Marcus Aurelius

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:12 pm 

Not so much a creep-free zone, but as a place to discuss our gender-specific issues without getting in you guys' way. I think it's okay for us ladies to use the other sections when we're discussing non-gender-specific incon issues or strategies, but I think a ladies section is appropriate sometimes. I'm certainly not opposed to the guys reading/posting here, though.

Wetters

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:10 pm 

Women's issues have certainly brought the topic of continence into the main stream for sure. Seeing lots of adds for the female pull-ups and frankly addressing bladder issues. So yeah, lets hear it for the girls! :)

Marcus Aurelius

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:01 pm 

Hi. I am new here and really want/need a place for support from fellow women sufferers. I have a interstim device and my urogyno is advocating pelvic sling surgery. Any feedback on that? Thanks :?:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:41 am 

Hi, tomatosoup, and welcome to the forum. We ladies are a bit under-represented here, but even though men and women often become incontinent by different, gender-specific means, we all benefit from having a place to express our thoughts, exchange information, and vent our frustrations. We are a supportive community with a wealth of experience and knowledge which we readily share. Also, if you haven't already done so, be sure to check out the primer section on the site.

I don't have an interstim device*, but I've been seriously thinking about pelvic sling surgery as well, even though I've heard some horror stories about mesh. There's a new member here - her user name is assertivewoman, I think, who is planning to have the surgery. She posted recently that her doctor is planning to use her own tissue. I've not heard of that alternative before, but I certainly will discuss it with my women's healthcare provider. I'll also post (or pm, if you prefer) what I discover in the course of my own personal quest. Once again, welcome!

Wetters

*There's at least one active member here (a guy) who has one.