www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 1:55 pm 

All the incontinent people I have met personally became incontinent after giving birth. Both urinary and fecal type.
All the structure down there goes through a whole lot of stress, and damages do happen.
Even rupturing the sphincter muscle beyond repair. I personally do not have children, but at an incontinence forum, I wonder why I see no one with these types of damages. Is it too taboo?

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 9:46 am 

I know that is my wife's issues. She has stress incon that appeared after childbirth. Actually, is started to rear its ugly head during pregnancy. She knows what it is (as I have tried to help her with information from this forum and other sites) but does not take any precautions besides the occasional menstral type pad. Often she just deals with the wet panties by drying them with a hair dryer or changing when she can. I have offered her some other protection but she is not there yet. I guess she feels she isn't that bad yet. That may be why you don't see that much of it on here. I would guess its the "Its not that bad yet" mentality.

"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise." -
Gore Vidal

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 4:36 pm 

While talking about my problems the other day, the wife mentioned that she sometimes loses urine when she sneezes or coughs....but alas, she does nothing about it because she HATES wearing a pad even during her period. It doesn't sound like anything near what somebody would need a diaper for, but apparently she deals with it silently. I had no idea until she mentioned it the other night. I personally HATE being wet down there so it would be enough for me to be wearing at least a pad......