www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Swimming
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:56 am 

[quote="Ellyn"]

"When I was in college with my boyfriend (now husband), I wore a bikini top with a cloth diaper and plastic pants under a mesh coverup on a dare.... I used to do this type of crazy (stupid) things much too often, but fortunately I was smart enough to be well away from home, never intentionally flashing anyone, and was never unaccompanied."

[unquote='Ellyn"]

Oh really now! And here I thought my college girlfriend and I were unique in our sometimes daring behaviors when she was diapered and having fun. Sorry to say, I did not marry her, but the youthful abandon was often stupid and crazy, all the same. And this was long before the availability of disposable products. Thus, cloth diapers and rubber pants were the standard protection she wore daily. Details will always remain a secret, of course, but I totally 'get it' when you wrote about the fun you had as a couple and when at a safe distance from familiar faces or apart from those who might not look kindly to your dalliances.

Oh to have youth last a big longer and to just simply enjoy more of those passionate, even erotic, departures from the norm.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:06 am 

I’ve been incontinent for as long as I can remember, though my condition was largely misunderstood for many years. Punishments at home and constant teasing at school was unbearable for my pre-teen years and nearly drove me over the edge in high school (thoughts of suicide), even though by that point I was diagnosed as having a birth defect. Childhood peers can be vicious!!! I had few friends and built a very strong and nearly impenetrable wall around myself.
When I entered college, well away from home, I had the opportunity for a fresh start! Eventually, I met my husband there and he slowly worked his way into my life and learned my secrets. I then entered a “wild phase” that lasted awhile. I finally found a way to trust someone and be truly happy. Looking back, I think that the wild and crazy period that I enjoyed was in ways regrettable but also a declaration of my freedom from the shame and self hatred that I felt for sooooo many years.
I still have times of depression due to my condition, which will last a few days, but my family is well tuned in and give me a little time and space to work through it. As it turns out, many of the depression drugs make my incontinence worse... I try to be nearly drug free in my life so a little time is all it takes to feel better. Posting here helps a lot too.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:29 pm 

Ellyn wrote:
As it turns out, many of the depression drugs make my incontinence worse...

That is my problem as well. However, my depression symptoms are bad enough that I could not live a normal life without them. I do take a high blood pressure drug to counteract that side effect of my AD drugs, but I have tried many for the incontinence and the side effects of those were far worse (to me) than the side effects of diapers. Also had a very painful surgery that only helped for about 6 months. So diapered has been my state for 15 years or so now. In my case, I can still stay dry at night, but daytime is rather wet.