www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: SP catheter disaster.
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 8:54 am 

As most of you know over three years ago I had the operation to have a suprapubic catheter fitted this after a year with one up my penis. The main reason for this change to the SP was getting sick and spending Christmas in hospital. Well things have gone ok for the last few years but it's all gone down the drain now. Last night in the early hours of the morning the I woke to feel some wetnes and a feeling of needing to pee. I put my hand down and new something was not right. I wheeled into my wet room and to my horror found that the catheter was out. I tried to push it back but no chance. To cut a long story short this morning the nurse was unable to re insert and now I have one up my penis again which is taking some getting used to. It's a 16fr size cos that's what my SP was but I think previous to the SP I only had a size 12fr up my penis. O well I am not due to see my urologists until September so I will see how I get on with it urehthraly inserted and changed every six weeks. I am going to to take antibiotics for the next few days. 4wheeldave.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 3:55 pm 

You have been going through a lot. Good luck Dave.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 2:19 am 

All is ok this morning but just getting used to the new feeling of where the tube is now. It's all pretty much as I remembered it being but it's been three and half years now with the SP. As long as I don't get a UTI I will be happy. Thanks.