Switch to full style
Post a reply

Need new medical supply house for catheters

Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:45 pm

Guys and gals,

I am not happy with the medical supply house that supplies my intermittent catheters. :( If you currently are having a good experience with your supplier, please let me know who you are using.

--John

Re: Need new medical supply house for catheters

Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:43 pm

Sorry, I gave up on intermittent catheters a LONG time ago. I now only use silicone or silicone coated folley type indwelling catheters, with a 5 or 10 cc balloon. I rarely use them now, but I get my supply from the military hospital where I go to see my general practitioner.

Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:31 pm

Edgepark medical and/or Byram Healthcare is who I get my foley supplies through.

Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:07 pm

You know you could also just order catheters directly off of Amazon.com too. I had ordered from them years ago and never had a problem with the catheter order or with them not being packaged sterile as expected when they arrived.

Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:12 pm

Thanks for your suggestions, guys.

I have found one medical supply house that can supply my hydrophilic catheters for the same price as I currently am paying AFTER insurance covers the rest. This new medical supply house will not bill to insurance, so theirs is a straight cash price - the buyer pays cash and can choose to file their own claim for insurance. My point is to show how much profit my current medical supply house is making - they bill insurance and then I pay as much of a remainder as could completely buy the catheters elsewhere! :(

--John

Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:18 pm

Its always been a money racket. Just be thankful the government does not have their hands in it. You would only get low bid crap with no competition.

Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:27 am

John,
Im currently going through the same thing with my insurance and my supply company. But it cost more for me to bill them through the insurance than to just pay for them. It is cheaper by far to put a Foley in and be done with it. I totally understand your frustration !!

Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:28 am

Allegro has done well for me when needed.

Sat Jul 02, 2016 12:00 pm

Fan, I have purchased from Allegro before. They seem well organized.

--John

Sat Jul 02, 2016 12:48 pm

I too have bought from Allegro many times before. I have never had any problem from them.

Schoppy
Post a reply