www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:46 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Cystoscopy all done.
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:05 pm 

Am all done and it went fine. I got help changing and stuff and Weeled me in to the room on a bed. Everyone else was going in on foot and I offered to use the chair but no they insisted. It was my urologist doing it the one who rescued me on Boxing Day the other Christmas. 3 nurses in the room also. He held my penis injected some stuff that stung a bit. I concentrated on the screen. Next thing on the screen my penis came into view as he moved the scope into it. No pain until the prostate and then only mild. Next thing I could see was my catheter and baloon. I should have said earlier he did not want to take the catheter out he wanted to see it in site and we did just that it looked amazing. All in all everything fine.
Thanks for your input.

4wheeldave.

Post subject: Re: Cystoscopy all done.
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:07 pm 

Great stuff. Sounds like a relief that it's all now going so much better since the spc. Mind if I ask if you get any urethral leakage? I think I will opt for SPC in the future bt one of the benefits for me of having a catheter is not having to deal with the energy expenditure of using toilet/bedpan and pad changes so it would be frustrating to have a lot of leakage and be back to using that energy! I'm not well enough for surgery yet though anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:21 pm 

I do sometimes but that is because I use a valve and a bag. I want to maintain the size of my bladder and you can only do that if you let it fill up sometimes. The SP is good but like any catheter the thing you have to do is drink drink drink. I have between 12 and 14 drinks a day that is almost a drink every hour I am awake. I am convinced that is why I have been infection free. It's great in the night I do not even connect up to a night bag anymore I usually wake up in the night and feel like I might need a wee so just put my hand down and flip the valve. If I stay awake for a minute I close it again if not it stays open and the bag is very full in the morning. I am looking forward to weather warming up so I can wear shorts. I wear the bag high up on the leg with a short tube. If I pick my shorts right it covers everything and is so easy to empty the bag when wearing shorts.
The SP has definitely been one of the better disitions I have made I do not regret it at all.

4wheeldave.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:15 pm 

That is great news, glad your body is continuing to improve. Its always nice to have a audience for your test. All I had was my wife the nurse and of course the doc.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:48 pm 
Admin

Glad to hear it all went well Dave, I had the option of watching last scope I had, I said "I'd rather not!" lol, sure I never missed too much I couldn't live without seeing! ;-) Puffy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:10 am 

I just watched the screen all the time not what was going on with the doctor and my private bits. It did surprise me how many people were in the room though. There was one nurse just controlling the water Flow another nurse called Rachel who is from the continence clinic that I have seen when I go for check ups and also the nurse that wheeled me in. I have never been prudish and bothered about being exposed and it's a good job I am not.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:41 pm 

That's been my experience too. All modesty gets thrown out when you get this procedure done. Luckily all of the nurses and doctors are really good about the situation, and never give you a hard time about it.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:29 pm 

I have had some six urological procedures, not counting cystoscopies. They are not for the squeamish, or those who are easily embarrassed. I would like to say that I'm accustomed to this, but I'm not. I try to remind myself that the staff see this every day they come to work, but I cannot convince myself. It is exasperating, embarrassing, and occasionally painful. Still, my urologist wants to keep track of things, so I expect to get more opportunities to manage my embarrassment in the future.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:29 am 
Admin

Something to look forward to, hey Patrick??? WHoooooHoooo! ;-)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:12 am 

After all that all of us in this group have gone through, I would venture to say that modesty is no longer a crucial concern for most of us. I might even say "modesty, what is that?" :D

For me, between all of the diagnostics and procedures for both forms of incontinence my modesty slowly dwindled away. Today I have to remind myself that some clinical situations may be more awkward for the provider than they are for me. :oops:

--John