www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Cystoscopy tommorow.
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:44 am 

I know I have not posted on here fot some time but I have been keeping an eye on stuff on the site.
Almost 12 months to the day that I had my SP fitted and I have to report its been a trouble free infection free 12 months. I have no reggrets about having it done. I now go swimming twice a week at a disabled swim group and leave bag and everything in place. I have the catheter changed every 8 weeks.

One thing is I am having a 12,month routine flexible cystoscopy tommorow and I am wondering does anyone know if they will need to take the SP out while they do the scope. I know the scope will be going up a different place which am not greatly looking forward too but I still think they might take the SP out first.
Does anybody have any experiance of this.

Thanks guys

4wheeldave.

Post subject: Re: Cystoscopy tommorow.
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:31 am 

No advice but so pleased to hear you've been without infections! I hope the cystoscopy doesn't cause you any problems. Honestly I'm amazed it has already been 12 months!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:50 pm 

Probably not, unless your urologist wants to insert the camera in through your supra pubic tube to verify how it looks as well. Then yes you would need to have it clear.

I actually have yet another cystoscopy in a few hours today to verify a couple of new blockages in my urethra. I don't have a supra pubic tube though so I can't fully speak for your situation though.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:52 pm 

Hi, 4wd - I'm happy to hear that you have been doing well this past year. I'm hoping that your procedure goes well and that you have continuing success.

Wetters

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:44 pm 

Thanks for the encouragements. Will let you know how it goes.

4wheeldave.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:05 pm 

As a regular foley user, I would imagine that the SP would stay in place while you have the cystoscopy. I wish you the best of luck. I've had two of them and neither one was enjoyable. My wife is a nurse and does my catheters. She's a the only one to ever put my catheters in, unfortunately, the cystoscopies were done by the techs at the urologist(s) offices. I'd like to say she's the only one ever to "go there" but she's not, except for the foleys.......

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:22 pm 

I wished you would have had the opportunity to ask this question this weekend. I was just at the urologist office Monday and would have ask for you. Sorry I don't have a answer for your question. Good luck on your test, lucky or unlucky I have severe nerve damage there, so mine was painless. I'm so happy you have been infection free, that is one of our worst enemies.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:40 pm 

Well, not to hijack this thread, but lets all hope all you get (or need) done is the cystoscopy.

I just had that, AND a proper "urethral stretching" flowed by a rather large 20 fr folley catheter. No worries though, I have oxycodone on hand for just such an emergency.