www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:46 am 

It's 5 in the morning over here but just can't sleep. Came home yesterday from the hospital with brand new shiny ( still Manchester City Blue ) size 16 suprapubicly inserted catheter. All is working fine I have it connected to my usual leg bag via a flip flow valve. Urine is flowing clear now with no red tinge.
I did have quite a lot of bleeding yesterday from my penis but they have been up there with a camera so I suppose that's normal and the discharge has almost stopped now.
I have some pain where the cath goes in but pain killers are working. There is a dressing over the area and 2 stitches apparently that I will need to get taken out next Friday. I have come home with some more dressings but the nurse said I might have to cut and adapt them for use. Will leave the dressing in place for now.
I have no desire at all to urinate using my penis and no leakage from down there apart from the blood which has all but stopped.
I am tired but can't sleep and it's my birthday today which I wanted to enjoy after missing out on Christmas but never mind at least it is done and over.
If I get into any difficulties I will post again.

4wheeldave.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:26 am 
Admin

Glad to hear 4wheeldave, heal up and rest now, it should get better from here on out! :) Puffy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:37 am 

Sounds like you are doing fine, Dave. You'll soon be back to normal.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:31 am 

First off, happy birthday Dave. I hope this turns into the early birthday gift you were hoping and needed. Best to feeling better as soon as possible and do keep us posted. Even though we have different situations, I want to hear more about how this works out for you. My new doctor put this option on the table and at first I ruled it out but seeing as it looks like getting out of something drastic is slim I need to really consider every option.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:23 am 

Thanks guys. Will certainly keep posting updates and how it's all going.

4wheeldave.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:12 pm 

Happy Birthday, 4wheeldave!!

Wetters

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:53 pm 

4wheeldave

I hope you have a great birthday.

I have not posted for quite a while but I had to say you finally got a suprapubic catheter.
If you remember I use the Duette Duel Balloon Foley catheter now for five years so far so good.
But like you my urine in the morning is a rusty reddish color and I have to drink a lot to clear it up. My urologist has mention I may need a suprapubic catheter down the road.
I have had several test for UTI's so far so good five years I hope it continues.

Keep us posted I am very interested how you are doing.

I wish you all the best

Lyle

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 3:18 pm 

Belated Happy Birthday to you Dave! I hope you heal well and it gives you what you need to improve your quality of life and your health.

Thanks,

Doug

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:06 pm 

Thanks again guys for the encouragement. Feeling a bit worce for wear today definitely a bit on the fragile side but I suppose that's only to be expected. Still got a stinging in my urethra and have changed underwear a couple of times due to damp blood stains at the front.
Apparently some suprapubics are put in the first time with ultasound guidance but that was not the case with my operation. I was done under a general anasthetic and a cystocopy to guide and examin my bladder and prostate etc so I am bound to be sore and a bit knocked up.
A few days should make the difference.

Thanks again

4wheeldave.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:31 pm 

Dave, glad to hear you made it through it fine. Sorry you're all banged up....I wish you a speedy recovery. I hope it works well for you. Please keep us updated on your situation. As always we're here for you if you need to vent or bounce things off......I Know there aren't many of us here who have experienced the SP catheter, but I sure am familiar with the foley Catheter!!!