www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:06 pm 

Ok, so of the various samples of condom catheters I have received, one stands out...
But not for what you may be thinking. I have used the Rochester Spirit brand condom cath and everything was working just find until I tried to remove it the next day. I don't know what they are using for adhesive, but wow was that thing stuck on in a sensitive place! After soaking with a warm, wet wash cloth and taking a hot soapy shower I managed to remove it from myself.
So next day I called Rochester to see what they would recommend to help removal. And Rochester's reply was to use ostomy adhesive remover to ease the removal of the used condom catheter. Now they tell me... :lol: I thought I was going to be stuck with that thing.

Scott

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:15 pm 
Admin

Yes, some adhesives are much stronger then others, but we have to find out the hard way! :shock: I recall using the Rochester Wideband when I was on holidays and needed more then I had brought, I liked them then, but the Mentor LS I use now do the trick, and they are cheaper by the box/100. Happy Holidays! 8) Puffy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:27 pm 

Yes, I tried Rochester and I wouldn't suggest anyone goes near them - at least anyone who values their 'part'. I spend ages trying to remove one. I was just glad I have no feeling!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:17 pm 

wheels5894 wrote:
Yes, I tried Rochester and I wouldn't suggest anyone goes near them - at least anyone who values their 'part'. I spend ages trying to remove one. I was just glad I have no feeling!

At least I didn't have to worry about leaks... :lol:

Scott

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 2:00 am 

wheels5894 wrote:

Those are what I'm using and don't have a problem removing them when I wash well, dry well and use a prep pad to protect the skin.