www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:34 am 

Has anybody here tried the NoNo for hair removal? Does it work as advertised? How much does it cost?

Post subject: now no no hair removal
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:37 pm 

Consumer Reports did not like that device. States that it left the skin hairy and prickly.

ScottK

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:15 pm 

I still say use a throw-away razor with care and you should be fine. It worked for me, anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:31 pm 

I don't use condom caths, I don't think it would be a good solution for me as I have the wife at home who is an ER nurse, she can place a foley in short order........I don't like the idea of the condom cath, I think I would have a hard time with it......anyway, before I get too far off topic.....I Have been "manscaping" for over 10 years now. I find what works for me is a quality razor (Gillette Mach III) and a shaving cream for sensitive skin. I sometimes shave with just soap, and that usually works fine because I've been doing it for so long. I just quickly shave in the shower every couple days. I keep my head bald like this too and shave every other day as well in the shower. This Methuen d works great for me. Hopefully you can find a workable solution

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:17 am 

wheels5894 wrote:
I still say use a throw-away razor with care and you should be fine. It worked for me, anyway.

This is what I am currently doing while in the shower... Working well after that first incidence...

ScottK

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:24 pm 

With Condom Catheters, you need to sample different Companies. There is a sizing chart available that you should use to start with. The come in Silicone and Latex. Call Companies and ask for samples they will be glad to send them to you!

Someone complained that someone might see the tubing. I'd rather have someone see tubing instead of a big wet spot!!!

Catheters are covered by Insurance, diapers are not.
The way prices are getting , For some folks it's either food or diapers for the week. At least Insurance pays for Catheters and the bags. Or Self Catheters.