www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 3:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Working in diapers!
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 3:31 pm 

To all that send in questions and those who frequently reply I want you to know how much I appreciate it even though I don't often say anything.
The heading working in diapers caught my eye and read the entries completely. I am wishing I could wear a heavy diaper to work but seems to bulky, I have
Abena level 4 and they are very good and also the Dry 24/7. It boils down to getting along with Molicare Classic tape on briefs. (at work) These seem to handle one wetting.
I can often make it to rest room but some days I'm in trouble by noon. I do "OK" if I do change at noon but it is not real easy at work. Maybe I should just carry my diaper bag to work like a lunch box and think nothing of it!
I don't know if there is anyone else in this situation, but it it mine. The Molicare Classic's are quiet and thin and extremely absorbent, but have their limits!
Anyhow again much hanks to all for you input. It is helpful.

Tom

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 10:38 am 

When I was working and when I first became incontinent I used diapers. Back then disposables were not made for adults so cloth diapers were if for diapers.
But there was a McGuire urinal and a leg bag it is what I used at work. Going to an urologist he had me using a condom catheter and in some 30yrs of using them I only had a couple of small leaks nothing to be embarrassed about.
I guess one needs to use what works for him or her.

2lyle

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 12:04 am 

For work, I wear Attends with a Huggies overnight diaper. I have had real good luck with minimal leaks or bulk. I totally rely on this diaper and change like 4 times on any give day at work. I carry a gym "diaper" bag with my supplies and it works out well. i am also lucky to have a private office I can change in, which makes things much easier. i take the used diapers home with me and dispose of them there. it is no trouble taking them home as I wouldn't be comfortable disposing of them at work. I have on occasion used cloth diapers at work and get along fine also.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 11:43 am 

Tom,

Try using the Abena Extra (M3). They are very absorbent and have less bulk than the Abena M4. I use the M3 on most days, and when I know I will be away from home for several hours I wear the Abena X-Plus (M4). They have a little bit of bulk to them but not much and I wear a polo style shirt that hangs over my waist line and that help to cover what little bulk that does show.

Try the Abena M3's.

Hope this helps.

John