www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 1:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Snap-on Plastic Pants?
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 12:00 pm 

Hey all.

As some of you may know, I wear cloth diapers to work a couple of times a week. Helps save money on disposables. They are pretty thick, but I like to change at least once during the course of the work day so the smell doesn't become noticeable.

The cloth diapers I prefer to wear are velcro contour, which makes changing pretty quick. However all the plastic pants I have are of the pull-on variety, which means I have to get my shoes and pants off in order to put on a fresh pair.

Do any of you have experience with using snap-on plastic pants?

I have seen them offered by several manufacturers but am hesitant to purchase some for fear that they might leak or the snaps might come undone, causing problems.

Advice/opinions appreciated!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 6:47 pm 

I wear Gary snap-on plastic pants during the warm weather months. I've never had any problems with the snaps coming undone. They are not as comfortable to wear as pull-on pants due to the snaps but they do a good job of containing. I do not recommend using them when you are laying down or sleeping as they will leak especially if you are a side sleeper but they are fine for walking, sitting or standing. Snap-on pants are a little cooler to wear as they allow for a little air circulation. Gary's medium size snap-on pants are lower waisted than their medium pull-on pants. Never put snap-on plastic pants in a dryer as the snaps will cut little slits in the vinyl. I learned this lesson the hard way.

I wear cloth to work as well as disposables depending on the day. I don't know what brand you usually wear but the Gary pants are smooth inside and out which makes wiping them out very easy. I seldom need to change the pants when doing a diaper change unless I end up with wet elastics. I usually only require one change in an 8 hour workday and wiping out the plastic pants is sufficient in keeping any odors to a minimum. Most times when I change at work I'll change from cloth to a disposable putting the cloth in a plastic bag which goes right out to another bag in my vehicle. I'll keep the plastic pants on simply because they add extra protection and keep the disposable noise to a minimum.