www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: cloth diapers
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 7:08 pm 
I have always been a bedwetter. I'm 14. I use cloth diapers (http://www.babykins.com and http://www.rpdiaperdesigns.com) and plastic ot rubber pants. It's embarrassing, and I get teased.

Post subject: Bedwetting
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 6:11 am 

Hi John!
Welcome to our forum, it is nice to see a younger person posting! I certainly want to sympathize with your embarassment about bedwetting and getting teased. I 've been there, however I might have been spared some grief since I was an only child. I think siblings may be worse than outsiders when it comes to teasing.

As for wearing diapers, it sure does beat wetting the bed! Bedwetting starts to really fall off as you get into your teens. Yes, I know some go to 18 or even into early 20's but that is extremely rare. So what does your Doctor say? If any medical problems have been ruled out, you can try the drug therapy....IF your doctor thinks that is appropriate for you, or you may be ready to try the alarm approach to help condition the response of waking up when the bladder fills and starts leaking while you are sleeping.

Please check out our Primer; it has it's own button on the main page and read the chapter on waterproof pants. Rubber pants can be uncomfortable and many find the nylon pants much more comfortable and adequate if cloth diapers are changed often enough.

Also, please check out cloth diapers from Adult Cloth Diaper, use link on our links page. They are serious prefold diapers in overnight weights perfect to keep your bed dry and comfortable all night long.