www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:13 am 

Hubby and I are searching for a good pair of plastic pants and cloth diapers. We are looking into products from Protex Medical, so has anyone used thier products? If so, what did you think?

http://www.myprotex.com

Post subject: Protex?
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:09 am 

Hello Vicky,

I have never ordered from Protex due to the price of some of their products. Many of their pants come from AC Medical Supply in Canada.

I highly recommend the vinyl pants and pre-fold diapers from Changing Times Diaper Company (CTDC). Some of the best prices around, quality products and fast shipping.

We offer plastic pants from Gary Mfg. The Gary pants are sold by many Internet businesses and CTDC has the best prices. Sizes are limited to medium to 2XL but available in many colors and styles. The only 3XL pants are the 4 mil original style in white and colors.

The Lang vinyl pants are available in sizes small to 3XL. They are also available in white and colors. A good quality pant with a long history.

We also offer a diaper twill pre-fold diaper. This is a 4x10x4 design and available in five sizes. Very comfortable and absorbent.

Several businesses offer gauze pre-folds and they are not actually made of gauze material. All diapers are made with cotton and it is the way the fabric is woven which will result in a particular fabric. Most diapers are made with flannel, birdseye or twill. There are not too many diapers actually made with gauze.

Robert

https://www.changingtimesdiaperco.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:20 pm 

Thanks for all that information!!

Post subject: Protex Products
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:54 pm 

Vickey,
I have ordered from Protex in the past. A lot of their plastic pants is the "non-wicking" type which I am not a big fan of. As the plastic pants gets old, the plastic around the thigh or waist will crack and pinch the skin.
I have tried their flat diaper, which was a good diaper, and I've used their "ice" plastic pants. Their prices are a little high, but they're always having sales and specials.
Gary plastic pants are still my favorite and you can find good deals on them at a lot of sites, with Changing Times being one of them. ...Paul Martin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:35 pm 

Wow the protex website has some interesting products. I'm not a huge fan of cloth diapers. They are comfortable, Until You wet or worse. When We came to understand. That I was going to need to use diapers longterm. We invested in some cloth. I really don't remember where they were ordered from. It was not long before I just accepted that disposables are a better choice for me.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 8:25 am 

Several businesses offer gauze pre-folds and they are not actually made of gauze material. All diapers are made with cotton and it is the way the fabric is woven which will result in a particular fabric. Most diapers are made with flannel, birdseye or twill. There are not too many diapers actually made with gauze.????