www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 12:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 6:18 am 

Has anyone tried the Abena Fixing pants? I was about to re-order some Anena XPlus diapers and noticed that Abena makes a product that call "fixing Pants" which is designed to keep the diaper from sagging. I would "think" the fixing pants work like compression shorts but I thought I was ask if anyone has used this product and could share their opinion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 12:25 am 

They work good, I use then when its too hot to wear a onsie type of T-shirt, the sizing runs right along with the diapers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 1:31 am 

I wear fixing pants as well. They really do the trick especially for the active adult. These pants will hold your diaper in place all day long and also help to keep the tapes from coming undone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 6:12 am 

Thanks for the posts.

I just ordered 3 of them from XP Medical. I've used compression shorts in the past and they were ok I guess, but these look like they will have more comfort. Thanks again for the comments.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 5:42 pm 

The Fixing Pants I purchased arrived today, and to my surprise they work much better than I thought. I would recommend these pants to anyone that wants to wear a non-body type concealer while preventing diaper sag. Two thumbs up is my vote!

John

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:27 pm 
Admin

Exactly what fixing pants are you talking about? I looked on XP medicals website and saw under fixing pants that they have a few different types. Exactly what kind am I looking for? I don't know which one to pick and I don't want to buy something I won't like. Are these things similiar to wearing a pair of white guys briefs over a diaper? Does it do the same thing? Whats the difference?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:22 am 

Well Don the pair I refer to are the brief type from xpmedical,com They are sized like underwear as in small, medium, etc. They are like a pair of nylon pull-on pants, not waterproof but stretchy. I wear an Abena extra plus diaper with a Tena booster pad every day and these fixing pants do the trick. They hold my diaper in place without being too tight or uncomfortable. I live an active life style and my diapers never sag. Take my advise and buy these without reservation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:05 pm 
Admin

I bought 2 pair of the soft cotton fixing pants from XPmedical. I just called Gary on the phone and discussed the different options. He told me the soft cotton ones would work the best. So I bought those. I can't wait for them to get here. I want to try them out at work. Normally, I wear an Abena Xplus to work and when I have to go 5-6 hrs without a change it starts to wear down and sag. I do not want that diaper butt effect with my pants so I try to keep things in place. I bought two gabby's concealers that I normally wear to work and they are very comfortable. However, one of the snaps broke off so I am a little disappointed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:04 am 

Based on these posts, I also got a pair of the Abri-Fix from XP Medical. WOW! Fantastic! Not only does it cure the diaper sag, but it helps if there is a tape failure (which can happen on super warm/humid days).

Two thumbs up on my end as well.