www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 6:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:42 pm 

yep pushing the limit will often get you in trouble :roll: Granted I'm good for that :? But if you dress for it with dark or should I say Black pants long t-shirts etc. hanging out. Leaks aren't that big of a deal. :wink: They still suck! But don't let the fear of a leak make you afraid to go out away from home :wink: ................................Sandy :)

Post subject: My 2 cents worth
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:00 pm 

Well, let me add my comment on this subject.

My main reason for wearing a pair of plastic pants over my disposable was for noise reduction of the "Krinkle" sound. It provided little protection for leaks unless I was standing during a flood.

I finally found a disposable that was plastic backed, not cloth like, that makes very little noise when I walk about. By the way, it's the Molicare Super. It's a very lovely Lavendar color, but it works well for me. Besides, plastic pants over my disposable always made me sweat. The nylon pants that Babykins sells did a lot better job in that it would breath.

So, I don't wear plastic pants anymore over my disposable. Only at night when I wear my cloth diaper do I have a pair of plastic pants, which is a must. .......Paul Martin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:20 pm 

Sandy wrote:
Other then the leak she had last Sunday where she had one of those 1/2 moon leaks (as I call them) on her lower right butt cheek :oops:

Ah, the damp butt of shame. Classic sign of a leaky diaper that any mother can pick out from a half mile away.

Good thing you were prepared.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:36 pm 
Admin

Yes I agree Papa, it does suck, but when life gives you lemons... I have been trying different layers at night, and the best I have found is a Tena Super that I use during the day, with a cloth pullon over top to catch the inevitable overflow and leaks that I always have with disposables at night, and a good coverpant. If I overdo it that evening, as I normally do trying to get fluids into me I never got during the day trying to keep things in check at work, this is what I have found best for the night I am at my worst. So far the worst I have found was a quater size spot on my hip from sleeping on that side all night, but that is more then acceptable for how the night went... every day is something new, wish it wasn't learning how to deal with the funky plumbing, but it is what it is and I just keep on... :-) Puffy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:50 pm 
Admin

Puff,
It seems like the Tena and the doubler and the coverpant is overkill. I just wear an Abena Xplus, no doubler and no plastic pants. The abena works out quite well. Can you get them in Canada?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:38 am 

I have to agree with Sandy.....how true! I think we all tend to push our disposable diaper beyond its limits. Maybe some folks are well organized and watch the time and change the diaper when its "time" and thus avoid leaks....for the most part.

But I want to point out another strange thing I have experienced with disposables, even the good ones, that for some unexplained reason I can have a leak and the diaper is no where close to being utilized and due for a change. I don't know it plastic pants would have made any difference, as I only wear plastic pants over a disposable when I know I may not be able to change it when I should. And then I do wear something cotton over the diaper and plastic pants over that...and it works OK unless I really go beyond anything reasonable and then I can't blame the leak on the diaper or the plastic pants!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:56 pm 

Sometimes disposables will do the pinhole leak thing through the crotch. It's just a manufacturing defect. I stick with mostly Abena products now and their quality is usually top notch, so not much to worry about.

I've also gotten pretty in tune with my bodily functions over the years. As long as I'm not just pounding the fluids I generally know how many hours a Extra or X-plus is going to last, and can plan my changes accordingly.

I still have the occasional leakage, happens sometimes if I get really engrossed in a project towards the end of the workday. Thankfully I wear dark pants and keep a towel on my office chair, so its never really a major problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:59 pm 
Admin

Don wrote:
Puff,
It seems like the Tena and the doubler and the coverpant is overkill. I just wear an Abena Xplus, no doubler and no plastic pants. The abena works out quite well. Can you get them in Canada?

Yes, I can get them in Canada, through B4NS, but at more then $1.85 a unit, it is a doubler in price alone over what I can get the Tena Supers for! Too much $$$ for a diaper for my wallet, especially at night. Even for the Abena Supers they are $1.18 each. Rare for me to have to double layer anyhow, but it works very well, :) Puffy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:28 pm 

My use of plastic pants over disposables dates back to the pre-internet days when pretty much all that was available were Depends and Attends, neither of which had any SAP in the diaper. The diapers were only good for one wetting and always leaked. It was never a matter of if, but how much, and the plastic pants helped with the damage control a bit. The Abena X-Plus is vastly superior, although I do wear plastic pants just in case. I hardly ever leak now, and it is mostly just seepage that is contained in the plastic pants.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:21 am 

I wear cotton diapers and rubber pants while at home or while sleeping at night. I wear disposable diapers under rubber pants when I am out during the day and at other times. I wear cotton briefs over a disposable diaper to hold them in place and to prevent sagging. If I overflow, the cotton absorbs enough to keep the leak contained and the rubber pants keep my outer clothing dry. I know I am probably over protecting myself, but I get very anxious about leaks unless I am wearing rubber pants with diapers. I wet myself whenever I have to pee so I have to change myself several times a day. My use of diapers has as much to do with my anxiety as it does with my incontinence. Even when I am dry (no accidents) for a week or so, I can't make myself go out in the world without wearing diapers and rubber pants. I feel kind of trapped, but I have come to accept my situation and am no longer obsessed with knowing where every bathroom is located. Sometimes I can make it to a toilet in time, but usually, I begin to spurt and just let it go. To me, this is a private issue. Few people know of my problem. It has been easier to hide than I feared, but I no longer feel humiliated if somebody finds out I wear diapers.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next