www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Wed May 22, 2024 2:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:22 am 
Admin

Yea I just can't see wearing cotton briefs and plastic pants over a disposable. I think that is too much. I like to be cool down there, not sweating. And a diaper, briefs, and plastic pants can make you sweat. I'll wear a pair of plastic pants over my disposable that are thinly trimmed. They have to be cut not much bigger than the diaper, like the kins lowrider, and fit proper. I don't want a bunch of excess material. I rarely have any leaks. I don't use timed changes, I change whenever the diaper is getting full. I wear abena extras and I know about how much urine they will absorb before they start to leak. If I'm standing, they will hold up to 3-4 good wettings. If I'm seated, its only about 2 before they start to leak. So if I'm seated, like in class or something, I will change after wetting 1 time a seated position or else the diaper will leak around the leg holes. And the plastic pants won't stop it. I don't feel like cotton briefs would do anything either.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:20 pm 

I wear protective pants with my diaper, I get them from Babykins They are vinyl pants with a heavy terry lining. I don't have to worry about leaking at all now!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:46 pm 

Sometimes I do wear plastic pants over my disposables, usually when I'm going to be sitting for a while. I've found they come in handy sometimes; I often find dampness from 'seeping' on the inside of the pants, because I tend to overestimate how much a diaper can take. I have a few pairs for my cloth diapers anyway, so it's no extra hassle to keep them around.

I actually bought a pair of cloth-covered plastic pants from cuddlz (a little cutesy for some, but they were cheap and gave me a giggle), which I use purely with disposables. They make disposables noiseless (like, completely, no crinkle, and no 'swish'/rustle of plastic pants), and they hold the diaper in place even when a tape pops or loosens. I wear them sometimes when I'm around people I'm concerned about finding out.

Lately I haven't bothered at all with plastic pants, it's just been too hot. I just change regularly.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:41 pm 

Yes plastic pants hold in the heat too much!! With our 100 temps it's unbearable wearing them.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:52 am 

I guess it depends on the individual, and how much time you spend outside in warm weather. I live in AZ with temp in the excess of 100 degress for many days during the summer, but I don't spend a lot of time outside so wearing plastic pants during the summer is not a problem with me.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:18 am 

I wear abenas and plastic pants at night and they go up to my belly button but it is a secure fit and i've had the diaper leak but the leak be contained with in the plastic pants, I need to get a few extra pairs just incase. also i just feel more secure in plastic pants + diaper at night time. keeps the bed dry when ever i wear just a diaper to bed it leaks, a miniscule amount but still leaks.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:36 am 

i am one of those who do not restrict their fluids at night i use a night tine gauze from adc and add a liner high pack pants and since i been doing this no leaks ever disposal have the place but not at night my 2 cents

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6