www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 1:04 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Kins Plastic Pants
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:19 pm 

I've worn various versions of the Gary pull-on plastic pants over my disposable diapers for years, the current being the ADC Leasmaster. I'm considering something a bit more durable and based on the good report for the Kins medium weight plastic pants I'd like to give them a try. I'm interested in the low rider style, and although I wear medium in the ADC pants I'm not sure that medium would be large enough in the Kins low riders. I'm between 35 and 36 inches in the waist, and I'm trim. I wear the plastic pants over an Abena X-Plus medium with a Dignity Doubler booster inside, so I don't want the plastic pants to add too much bulk. I'm very active physically, and while I do wear one size up in my trousers, I do have some concerns about the bulk of my diapers and plastic pants showing under the clothes. Any recommendations? Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:38 pm 

I've been wearing kins low riders for some time now over Abena M3s. They work very well. I found that their sizing runs on the small size. I normally wear a med. but had to go to their lg size for a better fit. I am about the same size that you are.The bulk you are concerned about doesn't appear to be much of a problem for me. I think it would worth the try.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:00 pm 

Good choice, with the Low Rider. I have some, and they are comfortable and as the name implies they are low profile, eliminating (somewhat) the chance of them showing above trousers.

I'm a 31 waist, and about 150 lbs. Kins recommended the large, and they were correct. They fit perfect over cloth or a heavier disposable such as Abena.

So yes, they do tend to run smaller compared to other plastic pants, and for example the Gary style pants I use are small, and there is still plenty of room for overnight protection. You can likely assume by my body weight that I am not large anywhere, including the legs, thighs and butt area.

So heed the previous advice that they tend to run small. You might want to email Kins and ask their opinion once you provide them with your dimensions and criteria.

Post subject: BabyKins Low Rider Pants
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:53 am 

I've been using Kins low rider plastic pants for quite some time, but mainly when I wear a cloth diaper on weekends during the day. I still have a problem, though, with the plastic getting stiff in the crotch area. I do not use any skin protectant other than baby lotion.

What I use over my disposable is a pair of nylon pants made by babykins. I don't think they sell it in a low rider, though. The good thing with nylon pants is they are not effected by lotions or diaper rash ointments like desiten, They last a long time! ........Paul Martin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:20 pm 

Thanks for the feedback. I think I'll try the Kins, but first I'll email them and ask for their sizing advice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:29 pm 

Anyone in the UK know where to get these nylon pants? All I can seem to get hold of are plastic or rubber.

Perhaps rubber might be an idea but what are they like to wear and how well do they last?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:08 pm 

Hi Wheels--

I don't know if you consider Canada as part of the UK, but this site has both unlined nylon pants and urethane-lined ones for longer wear/more secure waterproofing. I use both; unlined over disposables, and lined over cloth diapers.

https://mylilmiracle.infusionsoft.com/c ... viprod=343

Gimwet

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:23 pm 

Not trying to be difficult here but why do you choose to wear plastic pants over disposable diapers, especially if they aren't lined? Is it to quiet the crinkling noise? I can understand using a lined pair at night for extra side protection while lying down but in the daytime it seems redundant to me...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:15 am 

FarDistance,
I wear plastic pants, or really nylon pants, over my disposable every day.
It does two things for me. One is it does reduce the noise of my diaper, and it also catches any leaks my diaper may have some times.
The nylon pants I use can breath, so I don't have a sweating problem. .........Paul Martin