www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 4:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: diapers
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 8:08 pm 
During the day, expecially away from home, I will wear disposable diapers.
I find that the Abena X-Plus are the best diaper available.
They do cost more, but I can go a longer time without having to change thus in the long term, I will actually save $ by not having to go through so many diapers.
At night I have to wear cloth diapers, they keep my bed dry and I dont have to worry about washing my bed sheets every day.

Post subject: what do I use
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 9:16 pm 

I have both bowel & bladder incon. During day I use Molicare plus at nite I use Abena X-Plus....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 12:34 am 
Well, I just found this website, and I am learning a lot. I haven't found anything I'm 100% happy with. I like the idea of cloth diapers, though. I have disposable, but I am sick of them. They don't work. Of course the ones posted her probably do. I've never heard of them until now. I use Depends briefs with the booster, but those are garbage, as I tend to go a lot at night. I have been using thick towels on the bed under this thick plastic I bought at a hardware store they sell by the yard. It works well. I want something better though, because we bought a nice down comforter, and I don't want to ruin it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 10:36 pm 

Latara wrote:
Well, I just found this website, and I am learning a lot. I haven't found anything I'm 100% happy with. I like the idea of cloth diapers, though. I have disposable, but I am sick of them. They don't work. Of course the ones posted her probably do. I've never heard of them until now. I use Depends briefs with the booster, but those are garbage, as I tend to go a lot at night. I have been using thick towels on the bed under this thick plastic I bought at a hardware store they sell by the yard. It works well. I want something better though, because we bought a nice down comforter, and I don't want to ruin it.

Quality diapers such as molicare & abena cost more but they work. Most American made adult diapers are designed to last 2hr because that's how often hospitals are mandated to check patients in diapers..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 12:14 pm 
There's no two ways about it, Curity Stetch Weave gauze cloth diapers are best, but they are not available anymore. But gauze adult diapers are available now at adultclothdiaper.com. I recently ordered 3 medium night gauze diapers and these are definitely the best diapers available at this time. The diapers are very absorbent, and very soft, and last me 8 hours at night with no leaks at all. I also bought their plastic pullon pants. They're durable, soft, and pleasant to wear. I like them much better than the PVC plastic pants sold by Comco.

The diapers cost about $26 each, but they are well worth it. Other cloth diapers I have bought in the past were a standard cotton weave. I bought a dozen in 1996 and most of them are still in good condition today, even after daily use. Back then I found a great deal on these diapers at $10 each. They were made in Eastern Europe but are no longer available. Those diapers were nowhere near as soft as the gauze diapers sold by adultclothdiaper.com.

Lately, I've found that softness is very important. Now that I'm wearing diapers 24/7 and bed ridden, even my well-worn and softened older diapers cause discomfort. But these new gauze diapers are so soft, it's like sitting on a cloud in comparison. If you're looking for comfort and good usable diapers, you're not going to beat the gauze diapers and pullon pants at the site listed above.

Whitehorse

Post subject: diapers
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 7:20 pm 
Latara wrote:

Depends never worked for me - i tried both briefs and protective underwear. I ended up really trying out the Abena brand which I found at drugstore.com (but they also sell some on Amazon and some more specialized medical supply places.) The X plus is really absorbant no problems with leaks and doesn't feel as "wet" when wet, but very bulky so I didn't really feel comfortable wearing them during the day.

Although I tried out protective underwear - either too expensive or I needed a booster...also not easy to change at work. I just tried the Abena Abri-wing which is this unique design where there's a waist band with velcro and the rest of the diaper part swings up and also attaches with velcro making it really easy to open to go to the bathroom. (I have urge incontinence and can make it to the bathroom sometimes.) The are also easy to put on (easier than briefs) and easy to change (no need to step out of clothes to put a fresh one one.) The absorbancy is better than most other products I tried (definitely much better than depends and far superior to ANY protective underwear product) although it does seem less than the x-plus but so far leaks have not been a problem. And they are much thinner so I feel more comfortable wearing them (less self concious) and can wear them with a broader range of clothing (not just in my pants that are two sizes too big. :) )

So for now that is my regimen (abri-wing during the day) (x-plus at night)

I haven't tried non disposables...I'd like to but i'm not sure I'd be up to that much laundry since I don't have laundry in my appartment. I'm also still working on (hoping for) other solutions to the incontinence.

the one thing I do recommend is trying out a lot of different kinds/brands since it is such an individual thing. Most medical supply/diaper sites do have samples of products. Although I was lucky because I ordered the abena before trying any samples of it; I did order sample packs from hdis and dmponline and that gave me a good sense of the range of products and quality. Also some products didn't fit my body build at all and others did perfectly which is really an individual thing. I also liked the mollicare brand which was the other brand least likely to leak for me, but there were a couple others that weren't bad and probably are a little cheaper. I think though when considering price you have think about how long you can use a particular diaper ... I need fewer changes with the abena and no booster pads and less wet clothes, fear of ruined furniture/social embarrassment etc, so probably in the long run not as expensive as a cheap brand I need to change all the time and live in fear of leaks. It really helped me psychologically to have something I trusted.

Post subject: DIAPERS + Or, Pull up's
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:03 pm 
personally after having to be in diapers the 98% of my 50 yrs.
I've recently been using a great combo at night { for me, anyway } 1 or 2 PREVAIL cloth backed, actual adult diapers, which I'll slice weep holes into each, then cover with any brand I have of, a regular disposable diaper cover it all with a good plastic pant and always a bed-liner and I'm all set to { just a saying } "sleep like a baby" :wink: I'm a very, very sound sleeper, always have been. And I despise knowing that I've wet so much that I've leaked and gotten my wife wet. YUCK. <<>> TENA brand also carries a great { cloth backed, adult diaper } they are also disposable and really quiet under clothing. During day's whenever I can get away without wearing diapers, I'll wear a good pull-up. I Too can make it to the bathroom, often. But no matter what, Always end up wetting myself moments later. Therefore the constant need for either diapers or pull-up's. -- At night I've been in diapers + plastic pants 365 for the past 26 - 27 yrs. -- over the years I've tried EVERYTHING ever on the market. I do miss the old day's of the plastic backed - belted pull-on's. They were best against mild leaks during the day... I really wish someone would make a plastic backed pull-up for day's that a true, full size diaper isn't required, yet the protection of 1 is........ : :D [/b]

Post subject: A good diaper.
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 4:59 pm 

Latara wrote:
:D Hi Latara
I couldn't agree with you more on the cheap diaper Depends has become
. I use to wear them as well. But
after they made them so thin. I
knew they were useless. First I to
have tired a lot of diapers in the
past. The best diaper I wear in the
day is the ATTENDS diaper with 6
tapes. An since I wet a lot at one
time I take a baby diaper size 6.
An cut a slit in the back. An lay
it in the diaper. I find it gives
me more absorbence in the crotch.
But at night I wear a thick cloth
diaper and plastic pants. An a cloth reuseable underpad. I have no
problem leak wise. You can find the
cloth diapers at WWW.ADULTCLOTHDIAPERS.COM . Also you can find the
ATTENDS diapers at WWW.XPMEDICAL.COM . Hope this helps.

Ronald

Ronald

Post subject: cloth diapers
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 12:19 am 
Admin

You can also find cloth diapers at www.angelfluff.com

The best disposable that I have found is the Abena X-Plus.
You can find them at WWW.XPMEDICAL.COM .
They may cost more than some of the other brands, but they hold a lot more and I haven't had any problem with them on leaks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 12:51 pm 
I have tried several disposable diapers as well as cloth and plastic panties. I find Tena Super to be all around best for day wear. I have had to wear a wet one for several hours and even with rewetting, it was fine, but of course, it depends on the amount. If I know I wont be able to change for a while, as in a car trip or day out, I prefer Abena X-Plus. They don't absorb as fast as Molicare or Tena, but they are very long lasting and have a high capacity. I find Molicare absorbs fast but the absorbant material in the diaper tends to get lumpy if I wet several times before I can change. They are softer than Abena but Tena is the most descrete. I can wear one without concern that they might show if I am in slacks. I usually wear a cotton pantie over Molicares and Abenas to prevent sag when wet. I am using the Molicares only until I run out. I like cloth diapers but that means a diaper pail in the bathroom that gets heavy and more laundry, of course. And, if I have company, I don't have to be concerned about someone seeing a diaper pail.