www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 11:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:48 am 

I don't know what kind of diapers y'all wear... but they ain't that noisy.

I've worn many many brands over the years... Attends, Depends, Tena, Molicare, Tranquility, Kendall, Abri-form, Bambino... I could go on. I haven't found any of them to be so noisy that they could be heard over the ambient noise in the room. The only way I can imagine the diaper ever being heard is if you work in a library or something.

Out in public or at the office there is always noise... people talking, music, footsteps, computers beeping, phones ringing, etc.

Now personally, I can hear a diaper crinkle because I know what to listen for... but everyone else is totally clueless. A lot of the fear of being heard is just in your head.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:58 am 

Well lets see Attends tend to be crinkly unless you wear something over them like mesh panties or underwear or plastic pants. Molicares are fairly quiet along with the Tena's and not just the cloth backed ones the plastic backed Tena's from across the pond are also rather quiet Tranquility aren't bad Kendall's depending on what one you wear can tend to be crinkly Abri form aren't bad. Depends aren't real bad but do tend to make a sound. I remember the old Depends were REAL BAD! Never tried a Bambino? Prevail, First Quality, Nu Fit, Medline,Tyco All have some that crinkle bad and others that you hardly notice. in a busy office with lots of noise you may be right no one can hear it :) maybe :? But I'll bet when your walking past a person sitting your butt is rather close to their head they may pick up on it :shock: I can tell you at the shop here when Jane and I are up front working away from the noise of the shop. If one of us has a crinkly diaper on the other can here it. I know I've hard Jane at 20 feet before :? You can say no one is paying attention :? but how sure are you of that :wink: But then if your like me it's not as big of a deal as it once was. But I still try to avoid it :roll: .................Sandy :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:06 am 

BTW puddleguy how good is your hearing :?: or do you have selective hearing :lol: ...........................Sandy :)

Post subject: Crinkly diaper sounds
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:10 am 

I agree with Sandy that basically the cloth backed disposable diaper was to create less sound when wearing one. Breathabillity is also a factor and a lot of people feel that cloth backed diaper are a little less "babyish" than the plastic backed diapers.
I continue to wear the plastic back diaper along with my plastic pants. It does greatly reduce the crinkly sound, but my wife can still hear it at home, but never at my office.
By the way, Sandy, is there any type disposable diaper you have not tried? I've never heard so many different brands of disposables. I guess your e-bay deals finds all those! ..........Paul Martin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:07 pm 

I think Sandy and I both have tried our fair share of brands over the years. It's that never ending search for the "next best thing" or the best compromise product on the market.

IMO it works something like this.

Comfort, Capacity, Discretion. Pick two.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:37 pm 

Ill throw in my two cents here about cloth backed..

Ive used Tena Ultra almost exclusively since feburary or so, and i have very few complaints about them. They are cloth backed. The velcro tabs are better than most. Granted, my expereince with cloth backed disposables is somewhat limited. But, they grip better than attends breathable. Speaking of which, ladies and gents..i recently went for a sample pack of abena plastic and abena cloth back along with my ordering a swim diaper..i know, i know.. not strictly necessary..and more for bowel incon..but, it gives peace of mind.. anyway..about the abri-form.. on the air plus..since they were cloth backed..i was HOPING to see velcro tabs, like on the tena ultra.. no such luck..they were the sticky tabs. Its been so long since i used sticky tabs..im somewhat out of practice.. but, i made them work.. and my conclusion? abena x-plus would be a PERFECT extended wear diaper.. should that need ever arise. Doesn't the new design of molicare have hook and loop tabs? that might be worth sampling next.. hmm..

About the swim diaper.. i bought it under the advisement of Gary Evans.. i asked him "is it worth it to wear a swim diaper if you dont have bowel incon?" and he said he does..it's more of something to get you to where your going type deal." I guess you could say its more of a peace of mind and emotional security..if i have an episode in the pool..no one will notice..but.. id feel weird you know? As far as the diaper itself..its not very absorbent. the site recommends abri-let liners, since they dont have any gel.. would dignity naturals be similar? i have PLENTY of those..im also looking at baby cloth diapers..or little swimmers... Granted, all of this is more precautionary than anything.. but, with my incontinence rapidly fluctuating..i want to be as protected as possible..

Oh, and i did order a size large swim diaper.. but i was sent a size medium..what gives? i'm sure it was a mistake.. and im sure with Gary's reputation..it will be corrected ASAP.

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II