www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 2:46 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Tena pin holes
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 9:34 am 

Jane was in the office here at the house a little while ago Sounds like she got a bum case of Tena Super's She said the last few nights she has been wearing these for bed she has been leaking but not out the side she said it was more the front part of the crotch area or lower face of the diaper is where her pajama bottoms have been wet. Not soaking wet but more damp to wet. Sounds to me like the batch she got has the pin hole leak problem I told her to bring one of them tomorrow and let me look at it. Has anyone else been using these and if so have you had any problems :?: ................................Sandy :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 8:38 pm 

I haven't been happy with Tenas since they lost the tapes and "landing strip" and went to velcro... they just aren't the same anymore.

On a similar note... I found out the hard way that one of my Bambinos had a hole in the outer covering the other day... I guess I must have sat on something. Luckily I was not out in public.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 12:59 am 

I've not had a problem like that with Tena myself that I can remember. But then I rarely wear Tena's. I lost interest when the went to the cloth like backing. Before that I wore them fairly often. I've had the pin holes happen with Molicare's before on a few occasions :roll:
..............................Sandy :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 7:38 pm 

U two are naysayers.. i actually find the cloth backed Velcro tabbed tenas quite useful. When i considered first trying these, the sample given to me by my supplier had the classic landing zone in the front with the sticky tabs..that didnt work very well.. as ive stated elswhere, i have some difficulty with fine motor control. Which is why i LOVE the velcro tabs on tena ultra that i get. I have rarely wasted a diaper ever since i switched to them. Oh, it does happen, but not as much as it used to with wings surpreme! I suppose one MAJOR advantage of cloth back w/velcro tabs is you dont waste as many diapers if your application technique isnt the best, and need to reapply.. the only way one gets wasted is if i accidentally rip a tab off.. and that doesnt happen enough to pose a real problem. I will concede that these are an aquired taste.. but ive gotten used to them. It's been a very long time since i wore diapers with plastic backing..i forget what the crinkle sounds like..LOL.

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 8:23 pm 

Whatever works :) Molicare Supers seemsto work for me just fine. I've never had any pin holes, and they don't make any noise or crinkle. I took Paul Martin's suggestion and bought some KINS "Lowrider" plastic pants and I'm very pleased with the purchase. They are NOT baggy and have NO bulk and the fit is very comfortable. A tailor could not have custom made these plastic pants to fit any better. :)

John