www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 6:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 9:40 am 

Jane made an interesting point the other day Why can't they make the cut of the diaper different for females and males :?: In some cases at least with youth products they have Male and Female. But it's more of an issue of where the padding is. Jane made a point about that the other day she has been using a diaper from First Quality during the day. She said it's not that the product doesn't work but that the tapes on the bottom only make it by an inch or two for her yet the top tapes have plenty of room and then the diaper tends to have a beg gee part in the middle of the back. I gave her that case of diapers because for me the bottom tapes just make it on me with nothing to spare. They are tight enough that they are boarder line to being uncomfortable. But then the top tapes I have plenty of room. Maybe the could measure a woman's diaper by the hip rather then the waist. I'm sure some of you fellows may find the same thing. But I think it's much more so for a Female. I've been blessed with a more shapely body where I have a much smaller waist then my hips :roll: NOT THAT I"M FAT! well OK yes I could stand to lose about 10-15 pounds :roll: OK OK maybe 20 :wink: but no more :!:
But anyway it is an interesting thought she had. But then why bother Most diaper company's are hard pressed to make a diaper with enough padding much less a Male/Female cut lots of luck on that one :?

...............................Sandy :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 10:07 am 

First Quality diapers forgot to add quality to their product. I guess Depends are a little better but not much. :?

Post subject: Female vs male diapers
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 1:57 pm 

Here's my opinon,
Tena and Depends now offer male and female pull up type diapers. When you go to Wal-Mart or either Walgreens, I have a hard time finding "male" pull-ups. They're all female. They don't even have male pullups from Tena on the shelf. Now Depends has jumped on the band wagon too, and they have the lion share of the market. The shelves have plenty of both genders, but I don't like Depends of any type diaper!
But you have to consider there are a whole lot more incontinent women than men. Stores don't have the shelf space to offer both male and female diapers. Yet mail order companies like HDIS can offer this.
Bottom line is Jane and Sandy are right. They do need to offer a male version and a female version. As far as the tapes, my 34" waist has no problems with the tapes. ..................Paul Martin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 3:10 pm 

Yes I guess I'm aware of the Depend and Tena but I've been under the impression that it's more about the padding then the fit as to what separates one from another.

As far as johnny's statement First Quality makes many different types. I've worn the "Full mat" ones many times. They have the padding front and back both extended out to the sides. For a middle of the road diaper they aren't bad. With an added booster they work rather well. With the booster I can usually get 4-5 hours out of one during the day. depending on my fluid intake of course :? The plastic isn't to bad for noise :wink: Tapes work good. and often times you can find them for around $40.00 a case shipping included :D .......................Sandy :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 7:39 am 

Sandy,

Quality protection cost a little more than $40 per case but not much. I think its worth buying the quality products just so you don't have any problems, or the added expense of a booster pad. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 4:18 pm 

I guess it would depend on what your Idea of quality is :?: And where you buy them?

I've got a case of Molicare Supers coming for 36.00 shipping included. So I hate to burst your bubble but you can get quality for less then 40 bucks if your patient and watch for it.

As far as the added cost of the boosters I got Two cases(240 boosters) of the Tranquility full contour boosters for around 47.00 shipping included a few days ago. Granted I'll end up giving a third to Jane :wink: but still that's like around what $0.11 a booster?
............................Sandy :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 4:31 pm 

Sandy,

Everytime you burst your bubble you have a leak so I would suggest buying quality so when your bubble burst you have no more leaks. :lol:

That was a GREAT buy at $36 including shipping. Even if the shipping was an additional $20 that still would have been a great buy. I hope these diapers don't have pin holes in them. Do you think that might be why you were able to buy them so cheap? :roll: Did you read the fine print on the item description of those Molicare Supers you just bought on eBay? I just read the fine print and it says these diapers are slightly used. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 11:05 pm 

Your a funny guy Johnny :wink:

No sorry I didn't get them from Ebay this time(can you believe it) the molicares are still sealed in the box I'm told? I got them coming from a place that I've bought from many times before we are on thier preferred list :wink: It's a liquidator They sell everything under the sun my husband has spent many thousands with them over the years :roll: buying stuff for the shop. They are down south somewhere :?: My husbands been there but I've never been there. I was talking to them a few years ago trying to track down something for my husband. and happen to ask if they ever got any incontinent items in. The women kind of stumbled as if she was surprised that I had asked this and said well yes we do. But usually we end up sitting on them we don't have much of a market for that kind of stuff. So the boss try not to take much of that type of stuff. So I told her my story and told her the size I need and now when they get it in I'm the first to know :D I maybe only get about 2-4 cases a year from them but hey when I do it's always dirt cheap :D

...........................Sandy :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 8:15 am 

At $36 per case including shipping, I hope you bought as many as they had. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 10:05 am 

Sad to say they only had one :( ................Sandy :)