www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 10:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:00 pm 

I don't use these but in the morning on the way to the "Y", but Tena/Serenity has introduced both male and female types of pull-ups of this type diaper. Before, they were unisex and worked OK for me. I tried to buy some this week, but they only offered the large size for men. I wear a medium. This was at a Walgreens so maybe I'll have luck at other drug stores.

Has anybody tried these yet? I would like to get a femal and male comparison of the two. Thanks!! ..............Paul Martin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:26 pm 

Hi Paul,

I tried the Tena pull-ups for men. Pretty much useless, in my opinion. Unless you have VERY light incontinence, they are little more effective than the Male Guards type of pad that you put in your briefs. Except that these come with a disposable brief.

Wade

Post subject: Tena Pull-ups
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:49 pm 

Wade,
I agree with you they are only for light incontinence. I need some light protection as I drive from my house to The YMCA for my early morning swim. I don't want to put a full blown brief, so these are adequate for this.
I've been looking for these at my local Walgreens and all they carry now is the "women" type. I guess Walgreens thinks only women use these things. I knew this would happen. They should have left their marketing alone. Their coed product worked just fine. GRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!! ....Paul Martin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 9:15 pm 

I just bought a pack for Men. I normally wear large, but Tena large are two large for me, but they did work this weekend for what I was using them for. Since I am using a Foley with leg bags, I have been having some leakage from around the catheter. I wasn't going to be home for four days, and I didn't want to have to pack away wet stained underwear so I bought them to use instead of underwear.

When I opened the bag, I was shocked. They looked a little more like underwear than the other pull ups. They have a gray waistband, gray and white stripes around the pull up. If for some reason, my pants would have drooped, most people would have thought I was wearing regular underwear.

They don't have standing leak guards so I don't think I will use them for anything more than light protection. I was amazed how well they held up dry. I would put one on about 4:30am and left it on all day, not taking it off till 10pm. The dry part held up all that time with out any bunching or break down