www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:04 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2024 7:01 pm 

With "partial" incontinence (stress & urge, but some control), an overnight pad or equivalent can sometimes make it through the day and or night. Usually make it to the toilet without wetting pad and/or self. Often sleep the night with only a damp pad. While I empathize with those on this board using boxes of disposables a month, I'd like to use fewer pads. Trial wearing a washable/reusuable pad/booster/filler with plastic pant/waterproof diaper cover. It works fine, but raises a new issue.

When I wear a diaper (either reusable or disposable), I can sometimes go the night and/or day with just dampness, if I can make the toilet. With my hybrid system, once the pad is damp, it seems to trigger steady dribbling. It's almost as if the beginning dampness "wicks" urine from my bladder. Since this doesn't happen as much with disposable pads, I'm curious if anyone else has a similar experience.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2024 8:38 pm 

I also use the toilet when I can. However, because my leakage is continual, I really need additional protection. Because our bodies change, for whatever reason, our needs change. Use whatever works, understanding that what worked last month, may not work today. Using different combinations of protection for different circumstances is to be expected, encouraged. Good luck and keep us informed.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2024 8:57 pm 

Yes, Patrick, Once-upon-a-time we could start each day with a familiar routine. I knew what underwear, shoes, clothing, etc. to wear. I also knew what to put in my bag as I went off to work. Now, every day is an 'adventure'. Dressing and packing must vary with the flow. (Oh! I can't imagine I said that!)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2024 7:26 am 

But you did write that, and I understand and approve. Packing my gym/diaper bag each morning has become just another part of getting underway for the day. In time, that chore becomes routine. Good luck, and keep us informed.