www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 3:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Secure X-plus
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:44 pm 

Hey all, I tried some new diapers out last month and I just thought I'd take a minute to tell everyone about them.

They are called Secure X-plus, and are manufactured by Secure Personal Care: http://www.securepersonalcare.com.

They claim comparability to the Abri-form X-plus... but this really isn't true. The Abri X-plus does hold more, but the Secures do better than say a Tena Super or an Abri Super. They're one of those "in between" diapers when it comes to capacity.

The thing I really like about the Secures is the tape system. The front panel of the diaper is constructed of a tough plastic that provides a sort of "landing zone" for the tapes. This means that not only do the tapes stick very very securely, but you can refasten them multiple times for the perfect fit with zero issues. This is a diaper that you could actually remove, use the toilet, and then refasten should the need ever arise. It also has the full compliment of "standard features" including standing leak guards and waistbands both front and rear.

The downside of this is price... these diapers are more expensive than many other brands, including Abri-form. But if you've got some extra cash and have a need for a diaper with durable refastenable tapes that stay where you put them... give this one a try.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:29 pm 

I tried those a year or so ago They aren't bad but they are $$$ for what you get :?: One thing I didn't like was they seem to stretch out while you wore them and would become loose around the waist. Also as I recall they weren't the most quiet diaper either..........Sandy :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:06 pm 

They aren't quiet... that's for sure... the plastic front panel does make them crinkle a decent bit.

None of them seemed to "stretch out" on me... maybe the addition of the front waist band helped with that problem some.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:50 pm 

This is what my husband wears and he loved them. They fit the best and are of great quality. I will admit that he only wears at night so the crinkle hasn't been an issue.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:43 am 

Used to wear Eurobriefs but the company figured they would price me out of the market so I changed to the all white Bambino but I just cannot get past who they target as users so I changed to the Secure X brand which from what I'm told is the same company as Bambino. I actually like these more because of the odor reducer they have in place. The price is right in line with what I figure it should be and the fit is very comfortable. The tapes can be an issue but the tapes are an issue for all of the diapers I've tried. So for me it's lots of black electrical tape. Buy the stuff 10 rolls at a time. It works so I'm not too apt to change.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:28 pm 

The Secure X plus is what we have been using lately. I have been mostly using the Tranquility ATN & regular Tranquility briefs for quite awhile previously.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:51 pm 

The Secure X-Plus work great for at night, but what do people think of them for daytime use?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:59 pm 

I use them 24/7 and they seem to work just fine for me. 3 of them in a 24 hour period on average is the amount I use. I'm way beyond the noise of the front panel. I don't hear it at all anymore. Kinda like living near an airport. If anybody else hears noise they have never said anything. But then again I could care less if they did.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:37 pm 

I find I really don't need them after say mid morning. I certainly need them overnight & early morning. After that we switch to a cheaper brief usually.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:01 am 

I used to be a fan of Eurobriefs until they changed from a plastic backing to a cloth backing. Between that and pricing I changed to secure x plus and they seem to fit well on me and do the job they were intended for. I've only had only a few that were defective (tapes) so overall I'm very happy with these. I use 3 per 24 period and am able to change based on the clock and never on how wet they get. And knock on wood, have never had any leaks to speak of.