www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 1:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:25 am 
Admin

I'm looking for a comfortable "all-white" diaper to wear to things like Dr's appointments. I currently wear the Abena Extra to my doctors appointments, but I'm looking for an extended wear diaper that I could wear for longer periods. I'm also looking for it to be all white. I've read that this is comparable to Bambino Bianco's. Is this true? I've thought about ordering a sample pack of those to try. They have to be comfortable when wet. To me, the Xplus gets heavy when wet. I don't like that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:32 am 

Don wrote:
I'm looking for a comfortable "all-white" diaper to wear to things like Dr's appointments. I currently wear the Abena Extra to my doctors appointments, but I'm looking for an extended wear diaper that I could wear for longer periods. I'm also looking for it to be all white. I've read that this is comparable to Bambino Bianco's. Is this true? I've thought about ordering a sample pack of those to try. They have to be comfortable when wet. To me, the Xplus gets heavy when wet. I don't like that.

They are the same as Bambino except there is a colored strip of something in the diaper that is supposed to reduce odor. Otherwise the fit & performance is exactly the same

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:09 pm 
Admin

Is the Secure Xplus plastic backed or is it cloth backed? The website just says it has a waterproof outer layer. I'm looking for a plastic backed plain white diaper.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:00 pm 
Admin

Don, have you tried out the Tranquility ATN, They are all white, plastic backed, and not too bad for the price, not on the level of an Abena but not near as much $$$ either, but they do have the moisture reading strip down the center, could do without that, Puffy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:11 am 

Don wrote:
Is the Secure Xplus plastic backed or is it cloth backed? The website just says it has a waterproof outer layer. I'm looking for a plastic backed plain white diaper.

The Secure X-Plus is plastic backed. They are very good diapers. I use them during the night and on some days. More and more during the days lately since my bladder likes to flood more often than it had in the past.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:30 am 
Admin

Puff,
I have tried the Tranquility ATN's. I found that they leaked around the leg holes on me. Primarily at the back of the leg. I used them for bedwetting. But I stopped because they were leakimg. I'm going to be using this diaper primarily in the day when I go out and stuff. I can't have it leaking.

Doug,
Thanks for the heads up. I can't wear cloth backed diapers. They give me a terrible rash when I wear them for long periods because they rub in inside of my legs. Last time I wore a cloth backed diaper, I got a rash so bad it turned into why I thought was a yeast infection. I didn't know that could happen to guys!? It was awful. The doc gave me a script that cleared it right up but still...I don't want a repeat of that EVER! So now I stick with plastic backed diapers. The diaper just glides smoothly across my skin.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:40 am 

Rememeber this, "Cloth" backed and disposables (all) are made from wood pulp, not cloth. They all contain toxins and chemicals -clorine bleach, even trace amounts of many chemicals including dioxin. The highly absorbant material use to be used in tampons but was banned because of "toxic shock reactions" so if you get a rash while using a disposable you can pretty well figure where it came from. I wear cloth all I can but disposables are too comvienent to not use at times. Damned if we do and damned if we don't. Do some research and adjust as you can. Papa

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:42 pm 
Admin

Papa,
I used cloth for a few months. I didn't care for them. The smell was terrible. They stunk of urine odor. I washed them and stripped them and could not get the smell out. That was just part of it. They were big, bulky and hot underneath the plastic pants I had. I tried flannel prefolds with a pair of suprema plastic pants. Too hot. I couldn't get them tight enough. And my wife had to do the pins. She had alot of experience with cloth diapers for our kids. But I didn't feel comfortable with her having to diaper me. I didn't enjoy that in the least.

I find disposable diapers to be convenient, they're not hot, I don't really sweat, and for the most part, they are comfortable. Comfort, convenience, and the ability to contain leaks are on top of my most wanted list.

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 11:53 am 

I thought I'd tack this on to the thread about the Secure X-plus instead of starting a whole new one.

Has anyone had experience with the Secure Personal Plus (next step lower in absorbancy to the X-plus)?

Currently I've been using Tranquility ATNs for my enuresis, but thought I might try something else and the price point on these appears to be very close.

Any fundamental differences between them and the X-plus beyond the simple capacity?

Thanks in advance!