www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: No for LiveAnew Max Plus
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:39 pm 

This is a house brand pull on from LiveAnew, formerly XP. It is advertised as "6 drops," their highest absorbency. They never put ounces like everyone else. They tout their leg cuffs. A medium sized pull on is only $1.01 each with larger cases compared to the Northshore GoSupreme, which I have been using since Abena changed the Abriflex in a way that I cannot depend on. I purchased a case and tried it.

It is very thin and compact. There is some padding and SAP in the center but not along the sides. It appears to be cloth-like with a plastic back, but their legs are cut very high up, even on me, a petite woman. What passes for leak guards are a thin strip of excess plastic on each side, but it doesn't form a channel on the sides like other premium pull-ons, and it's plastic, not absorbent material, so I am assuming the leaks are coming out one leg hole or the back Four times in the space of about a week and a half, leaks though cotton fixing pants and into PUL pants with a moderate, sudden urge/overflow, only partial bladder loss of maybe 100-150 cc, not a full loss, and I still feel it many minutes later. A good quality premium in my experience should be able to handle a full loss and then some with minimal or no leaking no matter what position one is in. Because of several disability limitations and sizing idiosyncrasies, I can't use briefs. I have tried before. As an independent disabled professional, I need extended wear. LiveAnew is not an option. Back to Northshore when this case is finished.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:08 am 

Zenute, that is a very helpful review. Thanks.

--John