www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:44 am 

I was talking about protective pads for chairs beds etc. on another post. I thought this might be an interesting thread so lets here your Two Cents and/or some loose change on the subject.

For me I just use cheap ones because in most cases I'm just using them to catch a leak from my diaper if one should occur :? But the ones I buy if I was to go without protection and just sit/lay on a pad and flood I'd be in trouble :cry:

We were talking on another thread about getting some air down there to help with your skin health. For me I need to lay a towel down on top of the pad for added security in case of a flood :oops:

So I guess what I'm asking is what would you use if you were like me who leaks /floods What is the best protection in a furniture pad that you have found.

Lets here your thoughts :D

........Sandy :)

Post subject: Bed/Chair Pads
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 6:06 pm 

Hi Sandy and all--

I have been using Grayson (bed) and Priva (chair) pads with some success for a while now, and recently have been trying some I received from an Australian company which I found on Ebay---the link is:

http://cgi.ebay.com/BUDDIES-EXTRA-ABSOR ... 286.c0.m14

These I tried for the size (90 cm. x 90 cm.) and the statement that they stay put on the top sheet. They actually do better at that than the Grayson ones, which I use under the top sheet, and has been protecting the pillow-top and mattress for about 2 years now. The Graysons and Privas I generally got at Allegromedical.com, and the prices are reasonable compared to some other sources.

Hope this helps.

Gimwet

P.S.---disposable pads or "chux" slide all over the place; not much use!