www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Kendall 60034 Brief
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:07 pm 

Anyone tried or use Kendall 60034? Good, bad?

Thanks,
Bill

After further research these diapers are also known as Wings which is common for my local VA to prescribe. I expect they will arrive next week. :( They also are including something else, that which I don’t know what it is yet.

I will continue my quest for descent diapers from the VA.

Post subject: Re: Kendall 60034 Brief
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:19 pm 

Hate to be the barer of bad news but those are trash. No leak guards and super thin. Typically find those in nursing homes and hospitals. May work if you are bed ridden and not mobile but for an active person they are garbage. I have some I keep around only if I need to fill an hour or two between changes.
Just wondering, have you talked to companies like Northshore or XP medical? I'm sure they are familiar with VA red tape and how to use them for payments. Just food for thought.

Rope

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:04 pm 

Rope_Wrench wrote:
Hate to be the barer of bad news but those are trash. No leak guards and super thin. Typically find those in nursing homes and hospitals. May work if you are bed ridden and not mobile but for an active person they are garbage. I have some I keep around only if I need to fill an hour or two between changes.
Just wondering, have you talked to companies like Northshore or XP medical? I'm sure they are familiar with VA red tape and how to use them for payments. Just food for thought.

Rope

No I have not talked to either one but did mention XP medical to my local VA. While they acknowledged XP Medical. They are not allowed to do business with my local VA Medical Center as mentioned by our pharmacy. They were trying to tell me a bunch of technical BS and that even though other VA Medical Centers can use XP Medical, we can't. Similar to me never using the VA for a colonoscopy (use my wife's work insurance) because of problems they were having not properly cleaning their instruments. We always get the best care you know--just ask any politician. (sigh)

I found out the name of something else they are including--Sure Care pads?. Do you know what that is? I'm researching...

I will try and contact XP Medical directly in the new year.

Thanks for your response and giving me possible options.

Bill

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:05 am 

I didn't even think about contacting those two for help.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:18 am 

AngelFluff is working with me on this matter. Wish me luck.

http://www.angelfluff.com/VA_benefits.htm

Bill

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:22 pm 

OK, don’t anybody laff...After wearing these “Wings” diapers provided by the VA, they won’t stay up. I have no butt, so no matter how tight I make it, they slide off my butt. DW and I have been having a good laff. I suggested she take video of it to send back to the VA in support of getting what does work. If I stay put no problem. If I have to walk, they slide down.

Droopy Draws
Bill

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:31 pm 

Sorry, Bill. I’m glad you’re making the best of the situation. These are the bottom of the barrel as far as diapers go. They don’t hold up well, they’re super thin, there’s no leak guards, and they’re crinkly......aka, not discreet.