www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:04 pm 

After trying several different "solutions" for my incontinence (caused by the removal of my prostate) I've found that for me, Men's Liberty is the best answer to this problem. And as a vet, the VA pays for these! Medicaid and your insurance will also pay for these! But Medicaid and your insurance will not pay for diapers or pads for some reason. (However, the VA pays for everything!) Men's Liberty costs about $10 each, and you receive about 30 of them each month in a plain brown box. They also offer a few other products that will help those with incontinence.

I've had good relations with the company and have no issues with either the product or the company, which is based in Florida. If you have any questions before, or when using Men's Liberty, you can call their free "nurse hotline" for quick help. It does take a few days to get used to applying Men's Liberty, and you must follow directions exactly for them to be effective. They are normally worn for 24 hours (however, I've had them last up to three days. After using them for nearly a year now, I've never had any pain, irritation, etc by using these. And one size fits all. Really! They take only a few minutes to attach, and they come off easily in the shower or with a special adhesive remover you get with the kit.

TIP: I use them alone mostly during the day since they can be emptied easily every few hours. But at night, or when I may have a nap, or fall asleep watching TV, I switch to a normal bed bag at night which will hold everything I output all night. It's easy to "switch the plumbing" from the small Men's Liberty default bag to a larger standard leg bag and regular bed bag like they use in the hospital. And in my case, the VA supplies everything I need at no cost.

The Bioderm/Men's Liberty company have many videos on Youtube that fully explains and shows you how to use these. You can also check out their website at MensLiberty.com.

I know what you are going through with incontinence, and wish you all the best!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:52 am 

I was glad to read that external catheters work so well for you. Years ago I had a urologist who insisted that I switch to externals; he even wrote an order that enterostomal therapists teach me to use them. The external they put on me (a Liberty, if my memory is accurate) came unglued in less than four hours. I had a major pants-soaking accident, one of several that externals gave me over the years. I guess I must have oily skin, because externals do not stay glued for me, with predictable results. For me, diapers simply work better.