www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 3:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Sizing for KINS?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:27 pm 

I was wondering if anyone could help me out with the sizing on KINS waterproof pants? Specifically I'm concerned about the leg hole measurements vs the waist. I apparently have large legs (28") for my waist (38"). So, I'm wondering what the best size to order in any of their varieties of pants would be?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:51 pm 

I have only ordered and used their low rider style. I'm not very big, and my waist is 31, and short at the waist and my preference is for low profile. Having said that, they recommended the large in that style and they do indeed fit perfectly.

You may want to inquire with then by email. I have found Jenny to be very helpful, and my feeling is that the low rider may not be suitable for you. Also, the large in the low rider is likely smaller than the large in the regular styles.

As far as plastic pants go, I think the fit is essential so that you get maximum coverage so that no diaper material is exposed above the waist, else you are looking at leaks especially when lying down. The low rider works best for me with the Kins velcro diaper as it too is lower profile.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:33 pm 

I ordered a large pull-on diaper and two different varieties of vinyl pants from Babykins. While the material feels great, it turns out I should have heeded advice and ordered a size larger for the vinyl pants. The legs are just too tight. Oh well, live and learn.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:23 am 

Hi Jay B!

I've ordered from Babykins before and I really do like their stuff. Plastic Pants are a gamble sometimes. I typically order them too big just in case. I guess they won't exchange since under-garments are not returnable because of some federal law? ..............Paul Martin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:57 pm 

Yep I always find if I go with one size bigger than what I "think" I need it's the right size :D ...................Sandy :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:27 pm 

Sandy,

Why do you "think" you need a bigger size? :lol: :lol: :lol: I couldn't let that get by me without saying something. The Devil made me say it.
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:20 am 

I have used comco and lang plastic pants for a long time, they both are great products.
What I would like to find is a local outlet for both cloth diapers and plastic pants I can find the nylon pants but I havn't had much luck with them.
I live in the louisville Kentucky area, I know there are people in this area that need diapers. It would just be easier to go to a store and get what I need with out all of the mail order hassel.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:13 pm 

My advice would be try and find a privite Drug store like a Mom and Pop one. Often times they are much more willing to work with you then the big chain ones. The Chain ones can generally only order from thier chain. I've often found the mom and pop places to be allot more helpful and friendly................................My two cents...........Sandy :)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:57 pm 

incon47 wrote:
... I live in the louisville Kentucky area, I know there are people in this area that need diapers. It would just be easier to go to a store and get what I need with out all of the mail order hassel.

Try googling "Louisville KY adult diapers". I saw several hits that looked promising.

Myself, I find mail order a lot less hassle. Of course the mail carrier might suspect, but mail carriers deliver to a lot of people and I'd guess they pay very little attention to what they deliver or to whom. (My mother was a mail carrier, and I learned from her that you can get really good mail service if your remember your mail carrier at Christmastime....)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:53 pm 

I have been noticing the quality of cloth diapers and plastic pants are not quite what they were. Especially plastic pants have not been lasting as long. I am in need of purchasing new plastic pants and hoping for suggestions of good ones within a reasonable price. Currently using leak master from ACD but having issue with waste band fraying (coming apart). Thanks

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next