www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 4:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: plastic pants
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:20 pm 

Here is something that a few of you might find helpful. I drink a lot of fluids due to my diabetes and I have to take a diuretic for a heart condition so I'm sure you get the picture. Needles to say I require a heavy diaper to get me through the night. I use cloth diapers for comfort, skin health and leakage protection as I am a side sleeper. Finding a plastic pant that fits well can be a problem for those of us with inco.

What I do is have KINS custom make my pants for me and they are perfect for my needs. I order the XXL 6 mil vinyl pull ons but I have them cut them so the leg and waist openings are a large size (two sizes smaller)

That gives me a pant with plenty of diaper room for overnight and good fitting elastics. You can E Mail Jenny and she will work with you to design a pant to fit your needs and she only charges me $2.00 extra per pant and they take about two weeks.

Post subject: Kins plastic pants
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:20 am 

Hi Boomer,

That's great news! I've done that in the past with plastic-pants.com who offers Gary pants. In my case, the elastics were too aggressive and I'd get a large pant....where the legs elastics are fine, but get them with an XXL waist elastic which reduces the tension on my belly!

Currently I am finding the newest plastic pants from Kins are working well for overnight; they have encased elastics and it is the nice 6 mil vinyl. What I found, however, is the pattern is the same as the pants with the Lycra bands. The encased elastic pants utilize conventional flat elastic and it is more aggressive than the Lycra and it uses up some of the vinyl in wrapping....so you lose a bit of crotch width and height. My normal size is large but I find I need the XL as a minimum in the new encased elastic pants. I've also ordered the XXL and even the XXXL and feel I will be able to wear both the larger sizes as long as the leg bands aren't too big.

Now, at only $2 over the standard price, that is a real bargain. I just got Gary pants custom made with encased elastics, high rise and leg size reduced and they cost something like $40 a pair...rediculous.

Joe K

Post subject: Babykins plastic pants
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:41 am 

I just got through ordering somemore plastic pants from Babykins (Kins) yesterday. My first few pairs impressed me on their quality. The folks who run it are very nice too.

I'm ordering my first few pairs of snap on plastic pants from them. I've been wearing plastic pants over my disposable, and I need the extra air flow to help keep the moisture down. Their prices are decent, also. some day, I'll give their cloth diapers a try. Once my stock now wears out, I surely will try them. ......................Paul Martin

Post subject: tip I use
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:34 pm 

Paul the kins snap on's are great and I use them during the day, in the hot weather I leave the 3 middle snaps undone for air flow and cooling and it works like a champ. Ron

Post subject: Kins plastic pants
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:22 am 

Hi Paul,
I am so glad you tried the KINS and feel the quality is right up there! I appreciate your support since I think a lot of people probably feel I am working for KINS since I rave about them so much.

Which plastic pants did you get? I assume you got the 6 mil but wonder if you got the Lycra leg and waist bands (very comfortable) or the encased "no wick" bands which are the conventional flat elastics. If you get the encased version, go up one size for a more comfortable pant!

Joe K

Post subject: KINS diapers
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:30 am 

Hi Paul,
Regarding KINS diapers, I tried the velcro on diaper from KINS and then also got the Indisposables one from My Lil Miracle diaper co. Both are very good velcro on diapers that should appeal to disposable diaper wearers. They can be put on standing up and changed standing up, just like a disposable. A minor inconvenience is pulling down your plastic pants enough to accommodate the diaper change.

The capacity seems to be right about the same as a regular disposable, about 4 hours safe and maybe 6 for some.

If you have an office job and will be sitting a lot, I think the KINS no wick 6 mil plastic pants will be excellent protection for no wet panty lines on the back of the trousers.

JoeK

Post subject: kins
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:41 am 

The reason I went to the kins in the first place was because they offered the Lycra elastics. I am very sensitive to harsh elastic and the Gary pants I used to use was tearing me up something terrible. I tried th suprima pants with the vinyl encased elastics and did not care for that type of elastic at all. The Lycra never causes any skin irritation so I stick with them.

Post subject: Babykins plastic pants
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:52 am 

Hi Joe!
The type of snap-on pants I ordered was the standard vinyl. I do believe it has the lycra elastic. My first pair had that type of elastic, and it's like nothing else I've seen.
I really don't like those encased elastics since as the pants ages, the vinyl cracks and pinches uour leg. Really bugs me.
My indisposable from My 'Lil Miracle is holding up just great. You're right about being able to change that diaper standing up.
I will try those 6 mill plastic pants next time I order from Kins. These pairs I've ordered from Kins are basically to wear over my disposable for extra protection and letting my skin breath.
Take care! ....................Paul Martin

Post subject: KINS 6 mil vinyl pants
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 6:08 am 

Hi Paul,

I do predict you will like the heavier 6 mil pants, #20300V which have the Lycra bands you like at waist and leg openings.

The #21300V is 6 mil but has Lycra only at the leg openings and has a wide padded waist band similar to Comco but I find it a bit snug and prefer the Lycra waist band.

You've had good results with the Indisposables Velcro diaper. If you are going to try another, please try the KINS. I have both and give a slight edge to the KINS in the fit and comfort category. Both of them have Velcro that is holding up in the laundry and still working well.

JoeK

Post subject: Priva?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:41 am 

Have any of you guys tried the Priva Vinyl pants? ...............Sandy :)